Sign in to follow this  
paul002

E-Commerce downloader Virus

I have spent all morning trying to purchase the RXP GTN 750 for X-plane 11. Every time I try and download I get "virus detected" message.I have read all previous posts regarding this problem and have disabled windows defender/firewall, disabled virus scan in Registry and still cant download. For a commercial installer, its not doing a good job doing commerce if it is so difficult to use it. I need help solving this problem. Thanks

Hi,

This is a false positive like explained in this topic:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522608-trojan-virus-false-positive/?do=findComment&comment=4752345

edge-browser-keep.jpg

edge-browser-keep-anyway.jpgprotection-history-allow.jpg

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

jean Luc, I have tried all the suggestions you have offered but still not working. Why is this so hard!, Why cant you just make the download secure so I dont have to disable all protection. I would love to buy this product but your E commerce installer is just a nightmare. I see from the forum that I am not the only one having this problem. It is down to you to sort out the problem sot hat purchases and downloads go smoothly. We are not all IT experts. I have clicked on Keep, clicked on "report website as safe", turned of windows defender and I have no anti virus installed and still get a message from Microsoft smart screen that site is unsafe. Just make the site secure or find another way to sell your product like through X-plane .org.  Cant imagine how many sales you have lost through having such a difficult download procedure.

• Like 1

@paul002

I understand but there is so much we can do:

- For example even the Microsoft FS2020 SDK installer gets flagged on edge and requires to pass through "keep" etc...

- The main issue is not the file itself nor the ecommerce solution, it is the Windows protection heuristics which are tripping. 

- Furthermore, using Edge is tripping all these barriers, but using Firefox goes through fine...

When we did build up the installers for the latest update, they went through without a hiccup, but when I tried to download earlier so that I can make the illustrations above, I've had to go through like illustrated... go figure ?!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I have tried Microsoft edge and google chrome, are you say I must download and use Firefox to solve the problem?

I'm not saying you must, just that the way the Windows protection system is handling the files is already behaving differently, just because of the browser used to download the files. To the point even Microsoft own FS2020 SDK Installer also gets blocked by the Microsoft web browser (which by the way is the same core as chrome so using one or the other doesn't make much difference).

OK Firefox works Jean Luc but having problems finding the coupon for the purchase. Have made an account in F1 but cant locate the coupon. I have downloaded the rcp=athome zip file but cant open it. What is the solution?

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Paul, this shall be a pretty standard zip file, containing only a readme.txt and the .cpn files (i.e. nothing an AV would choke on?!)

Are you using Windows integrated 'unzip' or another tool? What about trying 7z?

PS: I'm sorry for the delays answering on the forum for the last couple weeks, this is just exceptional and will get back to normal shortly.

Edited by RXP