Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

747 problems

Guest Andiehuk

Hello everyone,Please go easy on me as I'm new to all this :)I've got a strange problem with the 747 I was hoping someone could help me with. This issue only occurs with the 747 in fsx.I take off fine and fly around for about 10mins or so when suddenly the plane stalls and nose dives into the ground. It's not a pretty sight! I've noticed that over the 10mins or so my speed is gradually dropping. No matter what I do (i.e. increase the throttle and hammer those engines) my speed continues to drop until the stall takes hold. Even if I increase to full throttle my speed always continues to drop.Has anyone else seen this odditiy or am I doing something really really stupid!Thanks in advance for any help people.Andy

If I was flying with autopilot off & auto throttle off & thatwas happening, I'd suspect wrong trim setting or air brakes deployed, maybe. I assume after 10 mins, you have only flaps one at 240 knots & fuels levels OK.A faulty joy stick caused this with me once.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest draky

I rarely fly the heavies but have been flying the sim for more years than I care to recall. Having made a real world flight from Amsterdam to Houston recently I decided to recreate this in FSX if only to see those sights when overflying Iceland and the northern parts of Canada. Alas I got the same as you experienced and ended up with a nose dive into the middle of the North Sea. It put me off those heavies for another few months! - I never found what went wrong although icing came to mind, I had done the usual and jumped into the cockpit without any real planning or attention to detail like activating the de-icing (if the default has such a thing?).I'm back in my Hawker Siddley 748 again!!!

Thats a strange one. I fly that all the time and havent had a problem with it. Whats your climb rate and how much fuel is onboard?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Andiehuk

Thanks for the replies people.I have the endless fuel option ticked I believe. The engine gauges move when I alter the joystick throttle. Even the engine sound changes accordingly as I increase/decrease the throttle. I can put it on autothrottle etc but it still falls slowly. Its driving me mad at the moment. The fact that it only happens with that aircraft makes me thinks its a bug rather than any fault with my lack of flying skills ;)I'll do some more tests to see if I can pin point when it goes wrong. In the meantime if anyone else has some suggestions please let me know.Ta for your help everyone.

Tryit with 50% fuel. I know if you top the tanks off with that aircraft its over the weight limit. Weight plus gravity = buy the farm.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png