Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Let's try understanding the long-haul performance drop

Before we begin, let's be clear on the objectives of this thread please: It is NOT about (a) offering a work-around (there are plenty of suggestions that don't work for all), or (b) opening a debate on whether or not this problem exists (it does) or (c) is related to specifications (see mine below). It is about gathering precise data on where (geographical locations) this problem happens during your LONG-HAUL flights.

My PC specifications are: i9 12900K, 3090 VRAM 24GB, RAM 64GB, unique usage for MSFS. No OC. I am using Addon-linker and never have more than the bare minimum sceneries necessary for the flight of the day. NO time acceleration.

Initially, I was among the doubters because I never experienced this problem of performance degradation, flying the 78X HD, Salty 748 and the A330-900 Headwind in many parts of the world. Until I made a flight from ESSA to KORD with the A339. when reaching the Northern coast of Canada (next to Hudson Bay), my plane became totally uncontrollable and I had to abort the flight. The same happened with the 748 and 78X on the same route in the same area.

Then yesterday, I crossed the Atlantic again from LFPG to TFFF with the A339, and landed safely at my destination with no degradation at all. On another flight from YSSY to VHHH, my 339 behaved perfectly until I stopped at the gate. A B787 HD flight from EDDF to WSSS ended well with full control. I also made a flight from KLAX to YSSY on the Salty B748 as well as from KORD to RJAA on the B78X HD and in both cases, although I could complete the flight, I had difficulty controlling the planes when landing manually.

Today, I took off from LPPT to CYYZ, and, sure enough, reaching St-John Newfoundland, my A339 became again uncontrollable, I had to abort.

So this explains why some (as I did myself) doubt that this problem even exists, because if you happen to fly outside a "trouble" area, you will complete your flight correctly. Until further notice, it would appear that whenever North America (USA/Canada) is part of the trip (departure or arrival), I am bound to experience a performance challenge, whenever my flights do not include NA, I can complete them safely. But this needs to be verified by others so as to be confirmed as a viable clue or eliminated.

May I please seek help from those eager to see this problem solved, by providing Asobo on this thread with as much precise data as possible? To start, could anyone try flying from Europe to KORD, or CYYZ (perhaps KBOS I did not test that yet) and report your findings? Did you experience the problem, and if so where (geographical point) and when (hours flown up to that point) exactly? We might be able to contribute to resolving this pending issue. Thank you.

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Without online data you shouldnt have issues in the affected areas because the sim is using offline mesh then. Also toolbar pushback seems to have a memory leak.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg