Sign in to follow this  
flightjunkiechicago

Matching logic - no repaints of a type for an airline

AIG has many repaints and models, but it's still missing quite a few major ones.

For example, Japan Airlines (JAL) doesn't have any 787-8 or 787-9 repaints at all.
I have live matching depth set at "6" in PSXT, and I'm getting random other airlines' 787-9 when looking for a JAL 787-9.

Any suggestions on setting this to another number so at least I might get a JAL 777-300ER or similar type that does have an available repaint, so that I don't see random other airline 787s at a Japanese airport when IRL it's a Japan Airlines 787-8 or 787-9?

Thanks!

Reducing the depth will not help.

In step 4 psxt searches for a JAL livery that is similar to a 789.

In \data\dbase.xml you may find a similar_types section. In there it is defined which types are similar. I guess I have defined B788, B789 and B78Xto be similar. Likewise there will be a definition for the triple 7's. You can solve your "problem " by combining these two lines into 1.

Do note that this will hold then for any airline, not just JAL. (and with the next update of psxt you will have to do it again)

But maybe a nice solution until these liveries are added to AIG.

Edited by kiek

In dbase.xml I found:

<similar types="B772,B773,B77L,B77W" />
<similar types="B788,B789,B78X" />

You're suggesting I combine them into one line, which will work fine for JAL in this specific case of missing repaints for an entire type, but will also impact other airline operators.
I think that should be okay, if other airline operators have a matching livery for the type. It's only when something's missing like I explained with JAL.

Correct?

6 minutes ago, flightjunkiechicago said:

types="B772,B773,B77L,B77W,B788,B789,B78X" />

Correct.

Change the B772 line it to the line above, and remove the B788 line.

Edited by kiek