Sign in to follow this  
gaab

ORBX P3DV5 V5.3 ENNK airport issue

Hi,

I have this scenery since FSX time (2016) and regularly revisit Narvik... From time to time I make the short flight from ENEV to ENNK following LOC19 stiff approach 😉

Since V5 I have the issue described here https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/213504-p3dv5-v53-ennk-airport-not-showing-when-farther-than-53-nm/

I have open a ticket and was officially encouraged by ORBX to share my issue 😞
Your feedback and screenshots would be very much appreciated as I can't accept the first answer

"This is a limitation of the simulator and perfectly normal for this type of airport in this type of location. I see the same thing"

Thanks for helping.

Gérard

Looks like I get a better () chance to get attention by giving here the full containt of the ORBX forum post.

Gérard

-----------------------

Hi,

Following suggestion of Doug answer on my ticket about ENNK scenery issue (Prepar3D V5.3 HF1), you will find hereafter the details of the issue and screen shots with and without ENNK scenery.

Doug confirms that he see the same thing, but its first answer was "This is a limitation of the simulator and perfectly normal for this type of airport in this type of location."

I am convinced that there are much more complex airport sceneries which don't exhibit this "limitation".

Your feedback using V4.x and V5 is very much appreciated. I have also included the flight plan I use for this LOC19 approach.

ENNK view from farther than 5.3 nm

YJgNaYM.jpg

kIKfdPG.jpg

ENNK view nearer than 5.3 nm
VYe163d.jpg

Default P3D view

onDrncu.jpg

EU Norway only view
0tmcvlZ.jpg

LNM flight plan
RfEPIfY.jpg

VFR Evenes (ENEV) to Framnes (ENNK).pln 5.24 kB · 0 downloads

Old FSX views ;)
uhZqcZA.jpg

fVkFzlV.jpg

Thanks for your help

Gérard

Thanks to show some interest. I was really thinking that P3D was forgotten...

My LOD_RADIUS=5.5

I am trying to balance my parameters for my configuration :  i7-9700KF, GTX 1080, Window 10, Prepar3D V5.3 HF 1.
I will try I try a larger value (is not 6.5 the max value ?) and "report"...

Gérard

Hi,

I updated the LOD_RADIS to 6.5, and I don't see any improvement on the scenery.
The "apparition" of the city and airport from the scenery remains at the same position, i.e. 5.2nm from airport.

"Something" is erasing the default P3D AND the EU Norway Narvik before the 5.2 nm distance.
There is the same issue when coming from south (RW01), at the same distance.

Other suggestion ?

Thanks - Gérard