Sign in to follow this  
JYW

[Solved] Fenix - throttle calibration; NO reverse on axis?

On 8/16/2023 at 10:30 PM, RALF9636 said:

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. But there seems to be an issue with the FenixV2 - at least for me.

I have the Honeycomb Bravo (with no Reverse on the Axis). In FenixV1 setting up a custom calibration worked fine like described here: Leave the throttle at the zero position for max reverse, idle reverse and idle. Then the Fenix recognized the zero position as idle and there was no reverse on the axis.

But when I do the same now, the FenixV2 recognizes the zero position as idle reverse. To get idle I have to move the throttle a little forward. So now I have idle reverse on the axis and I see no way to get rid of it.

If I use the default calibration it works fine though, no reverse on the axis. But I'd like to make some adjustments for Climb and MCT.

Anybody else with this problem?

And in this context, does anybody know if the calibration is saved to a file somewhere? So maybe that file can be edited as a workaround?

Thanks!

Maybe this could help:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/fenix-flight-control-calibration

• Like 1

Sorry again to ressurect an old thread, but I have a saitek x52 joystick and throttle setup without reversers. Calibrating in the fenix cdu by leaving my throttle at idle at reverse max, reverse idle and idle positions leaves my in-sim throttle at idle reverse when my hardware throttle is at idle.

Following the link from the post above doesn't really help me since my numbers don't match the post. My idle position is recorded at 34.4543etc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Calibration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <throttleCalibrationLeft>
    <double>34.454345703125</double>
    <double>77.8594970703125</double>
    <double>88.9801025390625</double>
    <double>100.003051757813</double>
  </throttleCalibrationLeft>
  <throttleCalibrationRight>
    <double>77.8594970703125</double>
    <double>88.9801025390625</double>
    <double>100.003051757813</double>
  </throttleCalibrationRight>
  <nullZonePercent>2</nullZonePercent>
  <nullZonePercentSidestick>3</nullZonePercentSidestick>
  <nullZonePercentRudder>3</nullZonePercentRudder>
  <realisticSidestick>false</realisticSidestick>
</Calibration>

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Hi,

I was the OP of this thread originally, last year.

I have found the same as you guys.   I'd not used the Fenix for a long time.  Reinstalled it recently and - in AAO - no matter how many times I 'skipped' the reverse inputs, I could not get this working.  As said above, when I return my physical throttle to idle, it always goes into reverse.

I then tried not using AAO's throttle assignments and instead used default MSFS throttle assignment - it worked.   So I think there may be an issue with the (latest version of the) Fenix and (the latest version of) AAO.

For now, I need to change over my settings to use the default throttle assignment when flying this bird, then change back to AAO for throttle when flying other aircraft.   Bit of a pain but no showstopper.

I much prefer throttle configs where there's an actual toggle setting for whether you are using reverse on the axis or not.  (Eg. CRJ, FBW A320, etc).  Seems to work better than the Fenix method of just skipping past the reverse values.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)