Sign in to follow this  
Guest DK8290

Game pad throttle

I am trying to use a gamepad with analog mini joysticks for flight sim. Is there anyway to make one of the sticks act as a non-self centering throttle? I have mapped the up direction to a button input that increases throttle and likewise for decreasing. However, it is a little awkard to use. Any ideas? Thanks.Dave

Guest DK8290

Hello...I really like using my gamepad. The sticks are ultra sensitive. Many people will scoff at the idea though hehe. What gamepad do you have? Hopefully you can do this inside your gamepad software.I have the logitech dual action gamepad.http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/p...es/288&cl=us,en In FSX , I have ailerons and elevator controls for the left stick and the right stick I have throttle for forward and backward and rudder left and right. Anyway the throttle is the tricky thing ... isn't it? In my gamepad software, I have the forward and backward motions on that right stick assigned to key commands (the same keyboard commands for throttle increase and decrease as set in FSX). Inside FSX control commands I have the throttle axis deleted. This way it won't recentre the throttle when you let go of the stick.In this way, I am essentially pressing the keyboard keys for throttle increase and decrease when I push my right gamepad stick fully forward or backward. I have the null zone for the rudder axis (left and right on this stick ) at maximum so I'm not twitching the rudder when I'm adjusting the throttle.Hope this helps a bit.I have one button (lowest button on thr front left ) as a shift button. Holding this in will increase your possible key assignments by two. I have commands for view changes (both the view catagory and view within a catagory), all trimming commands, mixture and prop pitch control , gear down/up, flaps down/up a notch at a time, differential braking, main braking, info cycling, speed break, pause, .... if you ever get that pad and want to know my setup, let me know .......unfortunately I have custom key commands in FSX so it all wouldn't work unless you altered some things.