Sign in to follow this  
birky1971

FS2AUDIO.DLL

Ok, new motherboard, new operating system, clean install and the faulting module points to the FS2CREW folder.

I have raised tickets with PMDG, ASROCK, CREATIVE SOUND, ADVANCED SYSTEM REPAIR and they are all saying it's an installer issue with the FS2Crew installer. 

Something that I have been saying from the start, but to eliminate anything I changed my whole PC for FS2CREW. I have spent £100's with FS2CREW and can only download the installers from the legacy site which are outdated and clearly do not work. I have tried every aircraft and it's the same faulting module.

The event viewer only mentions the FS2CREW folder, not PMDG, WINDOWS,etc.

The hardware components are working fine.

We've gone over this 100 times.

You've owned FS2Crew for a long time.  You said FS2Crew worked fine until you updated your BIOS several months ago, then it stopped working.

It's not our installer.  We have 1000s of users who have no issues.

I don't know what you've done on your computer - that's a needle in a haystack, but when you updated your BIOS something happened somewhere in your machine.  I've tried everything to help you and now we're just going in circles.

Last thing I can suggest is try using a USB headset and ensure Windows is using it as the audio device... this may bypass an sound issue on your computer.

Edited by byork

And for the 100th time I am telling you this is a new PC. The case is the same, all the components including the motherboard is brand new. The motherboard that I updated is now in my son's pc and he plays games on there without any issues. 

The problem is with FS2CREW and that's not just me thinking this, all the developers that I have contacted have said the same.

Instead of blaming customers, machines get to the route of the issue with your software. Thats all.

I have invested a lot of money with FS2CREW but P3D customers no longer matter as you concentrate on MSFS as per your new website.

The faulty module is in your installer. Not in Windows or the BIOS. 

A new motherboard has a different bios than the old one.

How do I get a refund on the products I have bought?

Edited by birky1971

Payment processors have time limits on refunds.  PayPal is 180 days from the time of purchase.

Your FS2Crew products were purchased several years ago... your orders were placed in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015.

I suggest trying it on a friend's computer.

It's not our installer or I'd be hearing about this 100 times a day from a 100 different users.

I even bought a pair of USB headphones today to eliminate any issues despite buying a new sound card and motherboard. Still same issue.

Are you able to help me via remote desktop? I have tried everything.

Ok, finally managed to get it to work by deleting the fs2audio64.dll from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGXu\DLLs\x64\FS2AUDIO64.dll

It works but obviously no sound.

My PC is brand new, has a new motherboard, fresh installation of Windows 11, brand new sound card.

Any further help will be appreciated to get the sound back.

I have contacted PMDG, Microsoft, ASRock (Motherboard supplier) and they all conclude that this is a FS2Crew issue.

Hi,

I sent this to you many months ago.  It refers to Win 7, because our FSX/P3D products are older now, but it would apply equally to Win 10.

Problem:  I'm getting a Crash to Desktop (CTD) when I load the host Aircraft, and the the error message refers to 'FS2AUDIO.DLL'.

Solutions:

1. If you have two sound cards running in parallel, disable one of them.
  2. If you are running any program in the background that attempts to strip Digital Music Rights (DRM) from music, such as Tune BiteSound Taxi, Audials or Sound Bite, please disable them.  They interfere with FS2Crew's Audio Engine.  Some of these types of programs are legal in parts of Europe, but they are not legal in the United States.
  3. Re-install FS2Crew again, but do not click 'cancel' during the install.  Wait for the install to finish.
  4. If using a Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Audio Sound Card, uninstall the latest driver and re-install the original driver off the CD that came with your Sound Card.  The latest driver conflicts with the FS2Crew Audio engine.  (If you no longer have your original driver disk, click here to download the original driver).
  5. Sometimes users have corrupt system files/data on their Operating System.  They solved their problem by doing a clean re-install of their OS or by repairing their OS.  Follow this link to learn how to repair a corrupt Windows 7 installation.  You will need to go to the Windows Download Center and Download Windows 7, for example, with SP1 and install using the Update option.  You will need to re-activate Windows 7.
  6. Sometimes users have corrupt versions of the FSX.CFG file.  Delete the FSX.CFG file.  It will re-build automatically when you load FSX.  Your FSX.CFG file is located here:
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX
  • Windows Vista/ 7 & 8: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

7. Ensure the Trike is the default FSX aircraft on the Free Flight Screen.  NEVER USE SAVED SITUATION FILES!

8 hours ago, byork said:

Hi,

I sent this to you many months ago.  It refers to Win 7, because our FSX/P3D products are older now, but it would apply equally to Win 10.

Problem:  I'm getting a Crash to Desktop (CTD) when I load the host Aircraft, and the the error message refers to 'FS2AUDIO.DLL'.

Solutions:

1. If you have two sound cards running in parallel, disable one of them.
  2. If you are running any program in the background that attempts to strip Digital Music Rights (DRM) from music, such as Tune BiteSound Taxi, Audials or Sound Bite, please disable them.  They interfere with FS2Crew's Audio Engine.  Some of these types of programs are legal in parts of Europe, but they are not legal in the United States.
  3. Re-install FS2Crew again, but do not click 'cancel' during the install.  Wait for the install to finish.
  4. If using a Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Audio Sound Card, uninstall the latest driver and re-install the original driver off the CD that came with your Sound Card.  The latest driver conflicts with the FS2Crew Audio engine.  (If you no longer have your original driver disk, click here to download the original driver).
  5. Sometimes users have corrupt system files/data on their Operating System.  They solved their problem by doing a clean re-install of their OS or by repairing their OS.  Follow this link to learn how to repair a corrupt Windows 7 installation.  You will need to go to the Windows Download Center and Download Windows 7, for example, with SP1 and install using the Update option.  You will need to re-activate Windows 7.
  6. Sometimes users have corrupt versions of the FSX.CFG file.  Delete the FSX.CFG file.  It will re-build automatically when you load FSX.  Your FSX.CFG file is located here:
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX
  • Windows Vista/ 7 & 8: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

7. Ensure the Trike is the default FSX aircraft on the Free Flight Screen.  NEVER USE SAVED SITUATION FILES!

Ok, I do not have Windows 7, Vista, Windows 10 etc I have Windows 11. I do not have any DRM, Tune Bite etc etc, I do not have the Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Audio sound card, I have a clean install of Windows 11 as well as P3DV5. All the links you have supplied take me back to FS2Crew legacy site which come up as an error.

I have just completed a full flight with FS2CREW Ngxu with no issues, just no sound. 

Are you able to send me the FS2AUDIO.dll file please? After looking through many forums I have to have that in my SysWOW64 folder of Windows 11.

I have deleted all FS2AUDIO64.DLL from my fs2crew products and they work perfectly without sound offcourse. Need that sound back.

cheers

1 hour ago, byork said:

Send me a support ticket pls.

I'm pretty sure I already sent you the file.

Yes you did send me the file but the link has expired. I've sent a support ticket just now.

Thanks for the file Bryan, still the same issue sadly. Are you able to connect onto my pc remotely and maybe check for me.