Sign in to follow this  
stevegreenspan

GTN 750 JF PA28 Turbo Arrow - Flight Plan Following

Greetings,

Forgive me for being a newbie with RXP and the GTN 750.  I've been flying the Just Flight PA28 Turbo Arrow for X-Plane for some time now and am very familiar in operating it.  I decided to "upgrade" and move to the GTN 750.  I purchased and installed it, and it fit right into the panel with no issues.  After doing some Garmin training and watching videos of others, I was able to create flight plans and procs within the 750.  I also performed a couple of flights using the GPS, which followed the flight plan and thought all was well.... until it wasn't.  Something happened and now I cannot get the Turbo Arrow to engage and start following my active flight plan.  I am not sure if there is something wrong in my settings for the GTN 750, my flight plan or if the issue is with the Turbo arrow itself.  I need some advice and guidance for anyone familiar with the Turbo Arrow and GTN 750 integration.

1. Just Flight Turbo Arrow 1.8.1

2. Reality-XP GTN 750 2.5.29.0

3. On the GTN 750, flight plan is active and fully displayed on the map, with waypoints and airport endpoints.  GPS is active, displayed at the bottom.

4. On the Turbo Arrow panel, AP is switched on, HDG is switched on (per other posts), selector is full left on NAV.

Yet the aircraft does not engage when NAV is switched on, and I cannot go direct to a waypoint.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is an inherent issue with the Just Flight Turbo Arrow itself, as I saw in posts from last year.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.....

Steve

Hi Steve,

A quick search online

https://www.qwant.com/?theme=-1&vt=1&b=1&s=0&l=en&locale=en_US&q=site%3Aavsim.com+PA28+GTN+autopilot&t=web

Gives plenty of past-answers, one of the latest unfortunately:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611525-rxp-gtn-750-not-working-with-piper-arrow-turbo-iii-ap/?tab=comments#comment-4691405

I'll contact JF again about this and I hope they'll have some resources to spare on this problem with XP11.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 hours ago, stevegreenspan said:

A user posted that after selecting the Turbo Arrow and airport in X-Plane and loading it in the simulator, then immediately selecting Developer, Reload Aircraft right before turning anything on in the cockpit, everything going forward for the flight using the GTN750 works well, and the aircraft follows the entered flight plan after switching to NAV.  

I'm not sure why this occurs but its a work-around to get the Turbo Arrow to recognize the flight plan and use GPS navigation.  Works great after doing the above sequence at the beginning of the flight.

Wow, this is news to me, but I'm glad there is a workaround with the aircraft.

Thank you for sharing for your enduring patience!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)