Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Cdu2 setup inquiry

Hey all im up and running cdu2 installed Linda and com activated now what, is there a setup guide am i supposed to pop out the instrument window resize etc.

Any advise or where i can find, i googled so much and cant find one person setting it up

Thank you

I have a CDU3 and have waited to be able to answer your question in detail. It is not a simple answer. Unlike P3D, MSFS does not have separate windows or views for parts of the cockpit that would allow the MCDU to be displayed on the VRI CDU2/3 display. Only the FBW has the facility to display the MCDU separately from MSFS.

The FBW provides a server program that outputs the MCDU to a web browser (see user manual). This is helpful if you plan to use an iPad or touch screen. In order to position the web page for the CDU2/3 is more problematic as Windows does not allow your to position a window off the edges of the physical screen.

I have used a program called DisplayFusion to do this and it allows for resizing and micro positioning by manually editing the display position. It is not an easy exercise to do and I would only recommend it for someone wishing to put the time in. The other issue is that the viewing angle for the CDU2/3 display is very restricted and aligning the display menu items with the physical buttons is not ideal.

Personally, I tend to use the CDU3 keys while viewing the MCDU display in the cockpit. This works with the different A320 I fly and the PMDG 737. Most of the MCDU actions are carried out before flight but it is easy to switch between FLT PLN and PREF in flight with the keys.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Interesting thank you, i recall we had an old tool that would allow us to resize the fmx window but i also remember window had to be docked and go full screen in order for it to display properly all keys would then work pretty flawlessly.

Ill look into displayfusion as i would love to get this to work however i do think this wont be easy as you mentioned it will require time.

I like your option as well but my cdu is customized for a boeing therefore already some physical keys are wrong. Otherwise i would put display somewhere else and click buttons for inputs. I dont even remember if i have airbus specific buttons.

I used to use leveld 767 and the fmc was a perfect replica.

I do have a tablet around hopefully that will be to my liking and do the job as i see in the web interface.

Sadly though this expensive equipment would of been a joy i love the feel of it.

Ill keep digging around, i was able to bring the screen to it as a window but definately not aligned properly

1: On another note i no longer have any hvars and they are enabled and reloaded in the tracer i see 0/0. What can be the issue i beleive i should see as before 220/220

Im good on lvars.

2:Lastly cdu input does not change anything in cdu in cockpit. Its been enabled in Linda

Edited by flightsimmer747

@flightsimmer747 I believe I have found a better solution to setting up the VRI CDU2/3. MSFS has a feature of pop-up gauges by CTRL-LEFT + Left Click on a display such as the MCDU. This in its self is not much use for the VRI CDU2/3 due to the inability to position the pop-up window off-screen.

I have found a program MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager which allows multiple displays to be popped out and accuracy positioned and resized on the VRI CDU2/3. These set ups can be saved as a profile linked to each aircraft (eg. FBW A32NX and Fenix A320).

I have tested it with my CDU3 allowing me to have the MCDU and ECAM L displays side by side.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

17 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

@flightsimmer747 I believe I have found a better solution to setting up the VRI CDU2/3. MSFS has a feature of pop-up gauges by CTRL-LEFT + Left Click on a display such as the MCDU. This in its self is not much use for the VRI CDU2/3 due to the inability to position the pop-up window off-screen.

I have found a program MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager which allows multiple displays to be popped out and accuracy positioned and resized on the VRI CDU2/3. These set ups can be saved as a profile linked to each aircraft (eg. FBW A32NX and Fenix A320).

I have tested it with my CDU3 allowing me to have the MCDU and ECAM L displays side by side.

I'll check this out as well, sounds great. Thank you