Sign in to follow this  
murrayalex

GTN 750 how to reset after a flight? (resolved)

Hi guys

I was just wondering, is there a way to reset the GTN 750 after a flight? For some reason the first flight always follows the flight plan perfectly but when I do a second flight, it sort of goes off course either to the left or right... any solution?

Best wishes 

Alex

Hi Alex,

Do you mean you typically do a flight, then land, shut down the engine, then start it up again, taxi to the runway and take off again?

This could be many things but the most obvious to me would be first:

a) the aircraft doesn't resets its state as expected and this has an impact on the underlying FS autopilot system.

-> are the aircraft gauges (HSI/VOR) deviations correct when the GTN boots up the second time?

b) there is an unknown bug in the simulator autopilot system in these conditions.

-> I don't know of any in particular, but just in case others also have the same issue, what is the aircraft and what simulator are you using?

c) there is a bug in the trainer of some sort, and/or our interface.

-> Do you reboot the GTN prior the next flight (powering off the device - i.e. shutting down the power source it is configured for in the aircraft) should reset its state for the session.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

And one more question if i may, How do you do an RNAV approach using the GTN 750? Do you leave the CDI in GPS mode OR change it to VLOC?

Edited by murrayalex

9 minutes ago, murrayalex said:

I am using the carenado ATR and for that P3D V4.5 

Thanks for the addition info. Can you also please tell about the very first question in my post?

And whether you've tried the other things I'm mentioning?

As for your other question, I'd suggest you try searching the forum (it is most likely discussed already 😉 )

Otherwise to create a new topic (it is easier to get assistance and help from other users if 1 topic = 1 question).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

honestly, i haven't tried booting it down for the second flight.. I will try that out later on and will let you know 

• Like 1

It is possible it is the aircraft not resetting its own state correctly, it might even be a known bug already?!

Or maybe a P3D4.5 bug which has been corrected since then in P3D5?

Eventually, using a different aircraft, sophisticated enough, should help assessing some of this.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:48 AM, murrayalex said:

I also have to cycle the CDI to get it to follow.

THIS is probably a confirmation the aircraft doesn't reset fully indeed.

I have spoke to carenado support and suggested that they get in touch with you, to figure something out? No idea if that would be useful, but we shall see their response

I believe in this case it might be something more in their hands*, but I'd be glad to assist if I can.

*Because the RXP products are coded to be state-less always.