Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

OOM error with VISTA SP1 and 8800GTX

I have had off and on problems with OOM errors ever since putting on SP1. With a core 2 duo and 8800GTX along with 2gig running vista-32 I have seen other posts with no solution to this problem.A few days ago I left my computer on with the FSX splash screen showing where you select free flight or do settings and missions on the desktop. Nothing was selected just the screen where you make selections. After coming back from outside after 2 hours there were two OOM boxes on my desktop. No flying or scenery complexity or plane issues just the intro screen to make my selections with the 2 OOM boxes showingWhat gives? I have never in more than a hundred hours of NW2 with everything maxed had a hang up or freeze or crash. Only FSX has crashed me to the desktop with these OOM errors. I believe that FSX has a memory leak issue. Can anyone else verify this? Would adding 2 more gig help?This is extremely frustrating.

Guest allcott

Try loading in a Window, then switch to full screen after the sim has loaded.It appears to be graphic card driver related, not OS or FSX based.Allcott