Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

Last Update

Hi, While the game was updating yesterday, the screen of the computer freezed. I had to restart the computer pushing restart buttom .The update didn´t finish.

When I start the game , The installation wizard keeps cheking for updates for severas hours and does not go to the next point.

Do you know what could be happenning?

Regards.

Hi. I think I have to reinstall.

But, first I have to uninstall properly.

What is the right way to do it?

Regards.

Did you buy the Steams version or the Store version?

If the store version:
Before you reinstall you could try the following:

• Go to the Xbox App on Windows and click on the 3 dots behind "Microsoft Flight Simulator", then click on "manage"
    • From there you can (under "Files") try to check for updates and see if that helps.
    • If that doesn't, you can also choose the option "Verify and Repair".
    • And if this fails, there is an "uninstall" option in the "General" tab.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

HI. for a moment it changed the screen from checking updates to another one that showed the pending download and from there directly to the main screen of the game where the globe appears and the choice of options, I was able to fly for a few minutes and closed the simulator to add the files I had removed from the community folder for the update. I went into the xbox app and it won't let me back in. I get the following error,0x80073d02.

Regards.

2 minutes ago, sudqui said:

I went into the xbox app and it won't let me back in. I get the following error,0x80073d02.

You got this error when starting the Xbox app, or starting the simulator?

If Flight simulator crashes, the first thing to do is to remove all addons from the community folder. If that solves the issue, you know one or more of the addons is causing the crash.
Just add a few of the addons but not all, and see if it crashes, and repeat until you find which addon is the problem.

Also make sure you use the latest version of the addons.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Hi. It all started because the download stopped halfway when the screen froze.
When opening the abox application I could see that where it says You can play, you already have this product, it put some installation error and this error that I put above.
Then in the queue of installations there was still the simulator.
By clicking on that icon it disappeared from the installation queue but it still doesn't work.

Regards.

If I choose repair it says to me this; 

Choosing to check and repair the files will restore the original settings of this game. You will not retain mod files or game saves that have not been backed up.