Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Taxi speed

Hi guys, whilst not a real world pilot but having done a few flights in GA is it me or are the taxi speeds of GA in MSFS 2020 excessive, seems like we are holding back a racehorse that wants to get on with it..

Dave

I'm not sure of an actual taxi speed limit but it's generally considered anything from a brisk walking pace up to about 20kts (ish).

GA aircraft in real life can be quite difficult to keep speed under control during taxi. Normally a combination of factors including the requirement to keep the engine above idle speed to stop the plugs fouling, and also the brakes typically aren't that great! Especially if you're going on a slight downhill gradient it's quite easy to find it running away from you.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

From my military heavy days, I would taxi the runway condition readings. 23 was dray, 12 was wet and 6 was icy. So 23 kts when dry, 12 kts when its wet and 6 kts when icy. I still use those today.

Rick

• Like 3