I’ve updated the BIOS via the method suggested but can’t get the computer to boot via the Windows drive. Sometimes I can select the Windows Boot Manager via the boot override function in the BIOs, but other times it doesn’t show up and it just has the UEFI option.

When I can get into Windows, looking at the HWmonitor and the intel extreme tuning app, on the high performance power plan it idles between 4.0 and 5.2 GHz now with package temperature around 30 degrees. I just have this boot problem to fix now.

Now I would check this regarding boot.

And this please

Edited by LRBS
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I'm very sorry, I have to go to work now.
I'll be back in about 20 hrs and if no luck we'll try again. It seems to be related to which drive is looking for the boot.
Maybe somebody else can jump in and compare with the boot sequence on their PC. Otherwise, he's got good CPU speed and temps.
Sorry.

• Upvote 1

No, that’s no problem, it seems to be sorted now, not quite sure what I did but there is only the Windows Boot Manager showing up in the boot options now and appears to be running normally again. Thank you very, very much for your help, it was much appreciated.

• Like 1

I'm very happy to see it sorted out. Excellent news.
Enjoy it! It's an excellent CPU that actually doesn't need OC unless you want to have high temperatures and put unnecessary stress on the PC that it will have very little (insignificant) gains.

2 hours ago, LRBS said:

I'm very happy to see it sorted out. Excellent news.
Enjoy it! It's an excellent CPU that actually doesn't need OC unless you want to have high temperatures and put unnecessary stress on the PC that it will have very little (insignificant) gains.

Very kind, thanks for your help. Just to be clear - now it's running at 5.2GHz when the sim is running, that doesn't count as overclocking does it? I don't want any more than that and it's runing at decent temperatures with the sim running, around 55-56 degrees. I just felt that maximum 3.4GHz was just not getting enough out of the CPU.

Edited by rondon9898

You are very welcome.

No, it doesn't count as an overclock. It will modulate between 3.4 to 5.5 based on load and temperatures. Re temps I noticed 55 to 56, excellent.

Enjoy!