Sign in to follow this  
Psch

Some airplanes disapear at the gate

Hello,

First off all, what a great addon👌🏻

There is something I don’t understand. this evening I was spotting on Ehrd. My airplane was on D2. When an airplane was parking at d1 or c2 it dissapears when the plane was at position. Some other live airplanes where still on there parkingspot for example b2 and b3. A1 was occupied by static.  All the planes where b737.

What could be the reason? I read somewhere that a plane will be parked for 16 hours. 

Hi,

I am glad you like it, please tell your flightsim friends. We need more users to share the costs of RT.

16 hours (max) is for live parked aircraft, now 3 hours btw.

If a live aircraft disappears after parking at you think the right spot, it either is not the right spot or the radius of the spot in the airport file is too small. That could be an error in the .bgl. You can prevent that by checking auto correct in the UI.

Static parked aircraft may disappear because PSXT adjusts the parking situation every 30 minutes past the hour. It will make a plan for the coming hour to gradually add and remove aircraft based on your parking percentage and the options in the airport file. 

A static aircraft can also disappear if a live aircraft comes too close (collision avoidance).

Groeten,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Hello Nico,

Auto correct wasn’t checked. Its now.

My parking percentage is 35% does it mean. That max 35% of my parkingplaces is available ? If i raise it, more planes will be parked after landing or is it for the ‘static’ parked planes? I can’t find it in the manual.

In my parking file I did not find the correct parkingspots. For example a1 a2 and a3 are not present in the file.

That make sense that there cant park planes😊

1 hour ago, Psch said:

My parking percentage is 35% does it mean. That max 35% of my parkingplaces is available ? If i raise it, more planes will be parked after landing or is it for the ‘static’ parked planes? I can’t find it in the manual.

Manual 7.1 & park:

Value is taken from and stored in the airport file, default 35.
This field shows the percentage parameter of the current airport file. This value determines the minimum number of parking positions at the park airport that will get a parked aircraft, live or static.

Live aircraft are not affected by this parameter, so it could be that you see already more live aircraft at gates than requested as minimum. However, if there are not enough live aircraft PSXT will fill up parking positions with static aircraft to reach the wanted percentage.

At every half past the hour necessary changes in parking positions will be determined and they will be made effective in the coming 50 minutes. 

If you change this percentage, the necessary changes will be carried out completely in the next 1 or 2  minutes. The changed percentage value will be stored in the airport file.

Edited by kiek

One of the reasons a lot of AI aeroplanes disappear from sims after landing or taxying in, is because many of the real-world systems they use which some sim add-ons use to replicate aeroplanes in the sim, are either turned off after landing or put in different modes on the real thing, for example the transponders and the TCAS systems. If these can no longer supply the data for the sim to utilise, it can make the aeroplanes disappear from the sim when they are of course still really there at the real airport.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Psch said:

It's fixed! Added manually the missing parkingspots. 

Well done.