Sign in to follow this  
Erathost

No addon airports showing on map

Hi

Running MSFS 2020 Sim with addon airports. In LNM there are no airports showing with 
yellow markings.

My Sim base path is D:\MSFS2020 and I did a Load Scenery Library.  
No exclusions in the "Scenery Library Database".

I get 40674 airports loaded but none are with the yellow ring, I pressed the button
"Force map to show ..."

Using MSFS addon Linker and selected all addon airports and can see the links in community folder. 

What is wrong here?

I have installed Little Navmap 
Version 2.6.19 (revision 18757514)
atools Version 3.6.19 (revision fef0d34b)

Regards,

Rene

Hi Rene,

thank you for the detailed report. Add-on linker should be normally no problem since LNM can deal with the symbolic links it's using.

Can you actually see the BGL files of the add-on airports used in the airport information tab? Go to tab "Airport" and sub-tab "Overview" and scroll all way down. There is a chapter "Scenery". This should include references to the add-ons. Encrypted add-ons are ignored, though. Freeware airports usually show up ok.

The yellow rings might be also disabled in options on tab "Map Display". There is an option "highlight add-on airports" which has to be checked to see them.

Alex

Hi Alex

Many thanks for your reply. 

The yellow rings might be also disabled in options on tab "Map Display".

1. Verified Highlight add-on airports is checked.

https://share-your-photo.com/6249a2c95c

Can you actually see the BGL files of the add-on airports used in the airport information tab?

I'm not sure if I'm checking the right location, but as you see in attachment there is no airport listed in Information/Airport/Overview. Can't find any chapter scenery as well.

https://share-your-photo.com/e4d419eb0c

But I can find in MSFS 2020 community folder these bgl files in different airports folder down the road.

https://share-your-photo.com/931a5eb39c

Just for my understanding, does MSFS 2020 has to be started to see the airports  or is it only necessary to have the links activated in community folders without activ sim? I tried both options anyway with no success.

Hope you can help me out with my lack of knowledge. 😕

Best regards,

Rene

Hi Rene,

I thought more about this section in airport information:
grafik.png

But thanks for the screenshots. It seems your folder uses Windows ".lnk" files which LNM does not support. LNM can read and follow symbolic links (or symlinks) but not ".LNK".

Is there a setting in the MSFS addon Linker to change this?

Alex

Hi Alex

I have found option in addon linker to create symlinks. Now this is my Community directory:

Directory of d:\MSFS2020\Community

16/07/2022  17:54    <DIR>          .
16/07/2022  17:54    <DIR>          ..
26/06/2022  21:07    <DIR>          aig-aitraffic-oci-beta
18/12/2021  01:35    <DIR>          aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_
16/07/2022  15:01    <SYMLINKD>     DA62X [J:\msfs2020-addons\aircraft\DA62X]
02/06/2022  09:58    <DIR>          fnx-aircraft-320
30/04/2022  19:10    <DIR>          fs2crew-cmd-center
15/12/2021  12:27    <DIR>          fs2crew-data-proc
13/06/2022  22:10    <DIR>          fsuipc-lvar-module
16/07/2022  17:25    <DIR>          LFKJ - Ajaccio
16/07/2022  17:47    <SYMLINKD>     livery-da62-SAT [J:\msfs2020-addons\liveries\DA62\livery-da62-SAT]
16/07/2022  17:47    <SYMLINKD>     MD302X [J:\msfs2020-addons\aircraft\MD302X]
15/06/2022  09:50    <DIR>          navigraph-navdata
15/06/2022  09:44    <DIR>          navigraph-navdata-base
16/07/2022  17:47    <SYMLINKD>     NoToolbarHandle [J:\msfs2020-addons\utilities\NoToolbarHandle]
16/07/2022  17:54    <SYMLINKD>     orbx-airport-ldsp-split [J:\msfs2020-orbx\msfs\LDSP Split Airport\Community\orbx-airport-ldsp-split]

I did a load scenery library and checked the addon airport LDSP Split in Information airport. Here is what i see. (how to insert picture here? 🤔)

https://share-your-photo.com/2ba8c4d674 

LNM Still ignores all my community stuff links. Tried also with full copy, no link, same result. While loading scenery library I can see only Navigraph bgl files processing like e.g. d:\MSFS2020\Community\navigraph-navdata\scenery\fs-base-jep\scenery\0903\NAX73310.bgl

Regards,

Rene

2 hours ago, Erathost said:

how to insert picture here?

Thanks for the screenshot and good find with the option for symlinks. This might be helpful for others too.

Now I see the issue. You enabled the scenery mode "Navigraph only". The window title bar in LNM shows "(MSFS) / N 2207". This means you ignore all simulator data and use Navigraph for airports. Go to menu "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph" and select "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures" or "Do not use Navigraph Database".

More read about this stuff: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/NAVDATA.html

and also consider this if you use MSFS: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/SCENERY.html#microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-airports-and-navdata

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks a lot for the solution. After setting setting Scenery Library to "use Navigraph for Navaids ..." the addon Airports have been marked yellow.

image.png

Although not all but most of them. One specific not marked was just freeware so no encryption. 

The specific missing here is has following scenery info:
Scenery
Generic Airports
D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0501\APX45130.bgl
Base Navigation
D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0501\NAX45130.bgl
Community
D:\MSFS2020\Community\navigraph-navdata\scenery\fs-base-jep\scenery\0501\NAX45130.bgl

But there is a Community folder with file existing d:\MSFS2020\Community\EICK - Cork\scenery\CORK.BGL.

Just wondering why this info is not included here and this probably is the reason why LNM does not recognise this addon.

Anyway many thanks for the support and this impressive product LNM.

Best regards,

Rene

37 minutes ago, Erathost said:

Just wondering why this info is not included here and this probably is the reason why LNM does not recognise this addon.

A reason might be that the add-on adds no airport structure but only buildings. LNM cannot detect these.

Alex