Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

Unable to get RCv4 to accept FSX.EXE

I saw DeltaAir's topic from 2020; was going to reply there, but saw Ray's message to start a new post, so here goes.

RCv4 says I should point to the FSX.exe file, which I don't/didn't have.  I tried two strategies:  1) saved copy of P3Dv4.exe as fsx.exe; RCv4 indicated that the FSUIPC version isn't compatible with that version of fsx.exe... and 2) created a .txt file, renamed it fsx.exe; RCv4 said it couldn't retrieve version information from it.

I'll return to searching for answers within this forum, but, I wanted to get something going in the meantime.

Thanks.

Scott

@ncngrr, make sure you are running v6.1.9 of FSUIPC available here...

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Will do.  Currently running paid version of 6.1.8 from March 22; 6.1.9 will fix things?

Win10, P3Dv4.5 on non - C drive

Here's the install process:

0. Uninstalled FSUIPC 6.1.8; installed FSUIPC 6.1.9 (per Ray's instruction)
1. Ran installer as Administrator to an "S" drive; accepted license agreement  
2. Selected "FS X Full - RC v4.3, FSUIPC, Chatter, Pilot and Controllers in the Components dialog  
3. Allowed Radar Contact Start Menu Folder with shortcuts; reviewed all of my selected options        
4. Watched as [apparently thousands of] files were installed over several minutes                              
5. Watched as installer installed FSUIPC 4.x                                                                                        
6. Received dialog "Looking in registry for FSX install path: .... 
7. FSUIPC4 dialog: 
      "User identified path:
         "F:\P3Dv4"
      Checking version of FSX.EXE:
      ... Version 4.5.14.34698  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
      !! WARNING !! This version of FSX is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.
         There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!
8. Launched RCv4.3; input registration key with RCv4 Encrypt app
9. Launched RCv4.3 again, this time getting to the "Main" menu screen
10. Clicked on "FS200x Flight Plan (*.pln) button, selected flight plan that I created using the P3D Flight Planner
11. Received Radar Contact dialog, "Run-time error '713': Class not registered.  You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.
12. Clicked OK; RCv4 CTD

14 minutes ago, ncngrr said:

Will do.  Currently running paid version of 6.1.8 from March 22; 6.1.9 will fix things?

Doubt it. Always best to run the latest version though. Make sure you run RC4 with admin privileges. Have a look through other recent topics. Most will relate to getting RC4 to run with P3D.

Bedtime here. I’ll be back in the morning.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay, two things.

1) the installer has put in the supplied version of FSUIPC overwriting the correct version. Make sure you install the latest version.

2) you need that DLL. Send me your email address in a PM and I’ll provide a link to it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay. 

I checked the P3Dv4\Modules and still see FSUIPC6 in it...

I sent you a PM with e-mail address.

Thank you.

Scott

1. Downloaded/installed/registered msstdfmt.dll in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders.  It took a bit of learning how to register .dll files, especially as an Administrator

a.  I entered "run as administrator" in the search box at lower left corner of screen and received an "Administrator Command Prompt" dialog with "C:\Windows\system32>" prompt where I entered

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\msstdfmt.dll"

b.  Windows returned a dialog indicating my command was successful. 

2. Now when I start RCv4, I get the home screen; entered a flight plan (*.pln), and instead of getting the error dialog, fields within RCv4 populate with what appears to be helpful information.

3. I suspect it works now (or at least this is progress).  I now need to read the operator manual so see what to do next!

Thanks, Ray.

Scott 

Hi Scott,

That sounds encouraging. 👍 Ensure you have built the database and do so after new scenery is installed.

The tutorial flights are designed to ease you into RC4. Highly recommended.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather