Sign in to follow this  
Guest SageWisdom

Weird HANG in FSX

I was hoping someone else might have had the problem before.every so often. I will be flying along and all of a sudden hear a short burst of Static over my headphones and then FSX HANGS and hangs hard. I have tried changing Sound Cards and the like but it stil happens. ANy IdeasGary TrammellCore 2 E6400ASUS P5N-SLIEVGA NVidia 7950 GTO3Gig RAM DDR2.22" WideScreenSB Audigy

Guest triangle

GaryA long shot but have you tried your sound card in different PCI slots? It sounds like an IRQ conflict manifesting but, of course, may not be.Just a thought.Andrew

Guest triangle

Also, make sure your onboard sound (if any) is fully disabled in the BIOS.A good test might also be to take out your sound card and run using the mainboard onboard sound and see if that works without any hangs. You can always just leave FSX running on AP on a along flight with unlimited fuel while you do something else as a stability test.Andrew

Guest SageWisdom

Andrew is right. Also the DX drivers you were using for FS 9 might not be up to snuff. Even a sound driver can hang everything up.