Sign in to follow this  
mrbill38119

August 4 update issue MSFS2020 beta

I installed the newest beta today and I can no longer get AAO to receive or send responses to my Stream Deck XL. If I watch AAO events, it is receiving them from the sim but not communicating it back to the Stream Deck. In other words no feedback. It is also not showing receiving keystroke commands to AAO. I have tried this with a variety of aircraft in MSFS2020. Could it be the Stream Deck plugin? Assigned keyboard strokes to change views does interact properly so I know the Stream Deck can communicate with the sim.

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

The webapi had been deactivated but it still didn't work after I checked it and rebooted. Going to try the other stable plugin.

No change. Neither one worked. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by mrbill38119

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

44 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:

Suggestions?

No idea. What did you update to which beta version? The sim or AAO?

Just for the record - there are no public betas with AAO (the _bnn means "build" not "beta"), and AAO has not been released as compatible with the MSFS beta.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

OK, so I did the update to MSFS Beta version 1.27.13.0

StreamDeck powered by AAO is working fine.

LORBY-SI

Good for you. No joy for me.

I have reinstalled AAO, checked the port, and I'm not sure what to do next.

4 hours ago, mrbill38119 said:

I installed the newest beta today

Again the question - "beta" of what? The simulator? And why was the WebAPI reset? What did you do?

12 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:

No joy for me.

I'm sorry, but I didn't change anything on your computer - you did. How am I supposed to know what it was and what went wrong? You need to help me out here.

1. There is a special action in the AxisAndOhs StreamDeck plugin, called "Reset Connection". Drag that on an empty StreamDeck profile. The LED on that button shows if the AAO WebAPI can be reached or not. Naturally, AAO must be running and be connected to the sim.
2. Re-Check that the Port is really the same in AAO and the plugin (Tools->Port Settings for AAO Addons). Follow the steps in the troubleshooting guide PDF. Bear in mind that changing the port is only possible when the Elgato software has been shut down completely.
3. Make sure that you didn't remove the "lorbysi-content-hooks" package from your Community folder

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

13 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:

I have reinstalled AAO

This does nothing. Save yourself the trouble.

LORBY-SI

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Again the question - "beta" of what? The simulator? And why was the WebAPI reset? What did you do?

I'm sorry, but I didn't change anything on your computer - you did. How am I supposed to know what it was and what went wrong? You need to help me out here.

1. There is a special action in the AxisAndOhs StreamDeck plugin, called "Reset Connection". Drag that on an empty StreamDeck profile. The LED on that button shows if the AAO WebAPI can be reached or not. Naturally, AAO must be running and be connected to the sim.
2. Re-Check that the Port is really the same in AAO and the plugin (Tools->Port Settings for AAO Addons). Follow the steps in the troubleshooting guide PDF. Bear in mind that changing the port is only possible when the Elgato software has been shut down completely.
3. Make sure that you didn't remove the "lorbysi-content-hooks" package from your Community folder

1. LED lights and after a few seconds it goes out.

2. Did that.

3.Existing

1. LED lights and after a few seconds it goes out.

2. Did that.

3.Existing

When I check the port I see syn_sent.

Edited by mrbill38119

5 hours ago, mrbill38119 said:

When I check the port I see syn_sent.

I have no idea what that means. 

2. Did that

Did you change the port then? The one you are using seems to be blocked.

To be clear, there actually isn't any "Connection". AAO is running a web server, listening on the port. The SD plugin is a piece of Javascript, running in Elgato's simulated web browser, that sends dead simple XmlHttp Requests to AAO and receives the answer. AAO doesn't know that they are coming from a StreamDeck, and it doesn'*t care. Nor does the plugin care where it sends them.

So the only thing that can go wrong here is the IP/web communication itself - and that is something that your computer does. Since you still haven't told me what you did to "update" what initially, I cannot speculate about the cause. I can only advise you to follow the WebAPI troubleshooting guide, and first step is always to change the port (on both ends, in AAO (Tools->Port Settings for Web) and in the plugin (Tools->Port Settings for AAO Addons)). It is absolutely possible that a port that was working before can no longer be used now. That can happen for any number of reasons - a different app has decided that it wants this port (Logitech G-Hub), your firewall rules have changed, an AV or Windows update introduced "something" new, etc....

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

I haven't told you what I did to "update" because the only update I was referring to was MSFS2020. I am not aware of any other changes. I will never likely know.

Reinstalling to a clean Windows and reloading software and files now. 

Thanks.

Reinstalling to a clean Windows and reloading software and files now. 

NOOO! Please don't do that, it serves no purpose. I am pretty sure that it won't change a thing. This is like wrecking your car and buying a new one because the windshield wiper is stuck!

Change your port to 6080, 6090 or whatever number seems suitable. From all that you have written above, the port that you were using before is blocked now by something else. Can be anything, even an addon in the sim (MSFS is very "web-centric" and developers seem to be putting web servers all over the place these days). And recheck firewall and anti virus. It is not enough to allow the app through the firewall, you must create a rule for that specific port!

I am not aware of any other changes.

The thing is, that you wrote that the WebAPI had been disabled. There are only two situations where that happens - you did not start AAO "As Administrator", then it is greyed out, our something wrecked the AAO configuration file. That is why I needed to know definitively if you did update AAO. Many people think that the "b" in the AAO version number means "beta" - so it could have been that too.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the assistance. I always run Administrator but maybe that was the problem. Anyway, I reinstalled Windows and of course it now works between AAO and SD. May seem too extreme but that's okay. I used to beta test operating systems in the early 90's for IBM and regularly rebuilt the software with a new beta regularly, since there was no good way to back up in those days - that I could afford. 

Nice to flush out the nasties from the system from lingering files from those not so uninstalled programs, too.