Sign in to follow this  
Guest triangle

Stormy weather with ASX

Guest triangle

Posted on the HiFi forum but thought others may find interesting too:Last night, flying the RealAir SF260 (for the first time), I started getting completely smacked around at about 10,000 feet. I wasn't really sure what was going on until I opened up XGauge, which explained it all (see screenie).First time I have encountered really heavy weather using ASX and it was amazing. The rest of the flight was really tough - big storm and pretty much zero visibility above 3,500 feet.ASX is the bomb!!!Edit: The weather I ran into made the news! - "I urge people to prepare and take extreme care during storm conditions," he said.The Bureau of Meteorology says an intense low is expected to develop rapidly off Sydney, with winds reaching storm force in southern NSW coastal waters this evening."Seas will be very dangerous off the NSW coast Tuesday night and into Wednesday," the bureau's NSW regional director Barry Hanstrum said."Damaging winds with gusts up to 100km/h are expected along the coastal strip from Nowra to Forster."The SES advises people to stay indoors and away from windows during the storm."Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173974.jpg

Yea, it does rock. and runs pretty decent even on this old box. I had the same kind of nasty weather flying thru a tropical storm (forgot the name) in florida a few days after ASX was released.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Excellent programs, ASX & RealAir. Thanks for sharing, haven't seen that kind of weather yet. Andrew, appears your running your RPM in the "Red" - think the book shows 24. Just having fun - great picture. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest triangle

LOL!!! I know - first time out with the SF260 and still getting used to its power (I have been in a Cessna Skyhawk the past few weeks). I promise not to redline it anymore!! ;-)Andrew