Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Historic traffic question

Hi,

I'm thinking about implementing this PSXT/RealTraffic setup and before I go ahead and purchase anything, I'd like to know how the historic traffic (a must for me) acts regarding the weather situation in MSFS.

Since MSFS doesn't yet provide historic weather, it would be a historic traffic in real time weather. Does the traffic then use the runway that is suitable for the current MSFS weather condition, or will it fly the track that has been "recorded" when the flight took place IRL? (not sure how this works, if it's just the aircraft that are historic or the complete flight incl. flight plans and departures/arrivals etc.)

Thanks for any info!

Stu

17 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

it would be a historic traffic in real time weather.

or will it fly the track that has been "recorded" when the flight took place IRL?

Yes 

Yes

9 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes 

Yes

thanks.
okay, so this poses a bit of a challenge then, since it might lead to AI using a different runway (the one that was used when the flight actually took place) than the live MSFS weather situation would suggest. am I correct? 

14 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

thanks.
okay, so this poses a bit of a challenge then, since it might lead to AI using a different runway (the one that was used when the flight actually took place) than the live MSFS weather situation would suggest. am I correct? 

The aircraft follow the directions of historic live ATC. They use the runway that was in use at the time of recording. 

In P3D you can get the historic weather provided by a third arty addon, but not (yet) in MSFS ... However, you can manualy set the weather a bit like it was historically.

What challenge do you mean? PSXT aircraft are not detected by flightsim ATC programs.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kiek said:

The aircraft follow the directions of historic live ATC. They use the runway that was in use at the time of recording. 

In P3D you can get the historic weather provided by a third arty addon, but not (yet) in MSFS ... However, you can manualy set the weather a bit like it was historically.

What challenge do you mean? PSXT aircraft are not detected by flightsim ATC programs.

Okay, got it, thanks for the explanation.

Well, by "challenge" I mean the general possibility that you approach/depart a runway and another plane comes in head on from the other side 🙂  But then again, that's kinda always a bit of a challenge with AI. 

Thanks again,
BR

18 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

Well, by "challenge" I mean the general possibility that you approach/depart a runway and another plane comes in head on from the other side 🙂  

Well, you should adapt of course to the real live traffic you fly in, then that will not happen. It is easy to see on your TCAS where they are heading.