Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

No (audiblle) RC sound

W10; P3Dv5.3 + HF2; FSUIPCv6; ASP3D; 10 x GF modules; 3 screens; RC4

Two days ago all was fully functional. Today, everything except RC is functioning.

P3D loaded, flight plan loaded, aircraft selected etc, etc, no 'audible' sound from RC4 ~~~ can barely hear RC4 talking to me ~~~ full sound from aircraft. Attempted a full P3D re-boot ~~~ when shut down can still barely hear RC4 giving instructions! Shut down PC and rebooted ~~~ still no 'audible' sound from RC4!!!

All suggestions welcome...

Ken 😉

Edited by Ken Hall

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

One possible cause is a Windows update, it has been reported that it causes sound levels  to drop.

While P3D and RC4 are running, go into the sound settings menu (of Windows) by right clicking the loud speaker icon in the task bar and open volume mixer.

Check that RC4 has not been turned right down. Adjust your levels to how you want them.

Secondly, go into Sound settings and check it is using the correct sound output. (also in r. click menu).

Thirdly, go into  Sounds (still in the right click menu) and check in Playback that it shows the correct one. Right click and go to properties- Advanced and make sure the Exclusive mode options are both ticked.

Lastly, to be sure, go to Communications (still in the above box) and make sure the "do nothing" button is ticked. Nothing else.

That should help you.

Is the P3D options sound setting source correct?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

open sound

communication tab

reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%

click apply and OK

then click do nothing - apply and OK

Works like a charm

Thanks Guys ....

I suspected that W10 update might have been responsible for the break-down!

Ian, your instructions have taken me to places I have never seen before 🙂

The great news is that RC is fully functional again!!! 🙂 🙂

RC has been my absolute must-have add-on for many years and more than well worth the money involved at that time. Even better value now...

So good to hear friendly voices again!!!

Ken 😉

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

So good to hear friendly voices again!!!

Ken 😉

👍 Good you're with us again.

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.