Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Alaska Rural Landclass?

Well I've got the Xclass landclass covering Alaska and I've got the Scenerytech landclass covering Alaska. I've also, obviously, got the default. I've never been there so I have to judge them on how they look to me. From what I see Xclass looks nice but seems to have to much vegetation, Scenerytech looks nice but seems to have too much rock and the default is, well, default. Would any of you people that have actually been there agree with this? Do you switch landclasses depending on where you're flying in Alaska? Which do you prefer and where? I know these things are often only down to one persons opinion but it would be nice to pick the one that most closely resembles what I would see out of a plane if I were flying there in real life.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, further to this, I did a quick scan of a few places in the US and tried to compare FSGenesis,Scenerytech and Xclass landclass to the rural scenery shown in Google Earth. As I said, it was a very quick scan but from what I could see the most similar seemed to be:-Grand Teton/Yellowstone - XClassSequoia - ScenerytechLee Vining - FSGenesisI suppose it all goes to show that no one landclass seems to be king of all it surveys. It seems the only way to select the closet for the area you will be flying in is to go to one of the aerial map photo sites and see which landclass is the best fit. The best fit for where you fly today might not be the best fit for the area you fly tomorrow.