Sign in to follow this  
Epicmc

Higher LOD doesnt affect visuals msfs2020

I use LOD 100 when I fly airliners, can't see any difference at 30000 feet anyway, but the difference at busy airports is huge, when I fly GA I use LOD 200.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 9/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, Epicmc said:

Iv seen that jt doesn’t help with far that much and the close buildings still look bad even with object and terrain lod 800+ 

here is a landing in Cairo with terrain and object lod 800 all maxed out settings

pjc is from phone 

https://ibb.co/cbJYNhw

notice that like that after jt is no buildings 

You insist pushing LOD at 8.0 on a laptop with 4 GB of VRAM.

This is how Cairo looks from the cockpit in normal conditions:

The point is that if you use MSFS as a flight simulator you barely notice the graphics limitations.

If you zoom in and out, drone quickly to new locations - all with a very limited hardware configuration - with the purpose of showing defects and issues, all you will see is defects and issues.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

You insist pushing LOD at 8.0 on a laptop with 4 GB of VRAM.

This is how Cairo looks from the cockpit in normal conditions:

The point is that if you use MSFS as a flight simulator you barely notice the graphics limitations.

If you zoom in and out, drone quickly to new locations - all with a very limited hardware configuration - with the purpose of showing defects and issues, all you will see is defects and issues.

He is getting the same visuals I’m getting in ultra as what you call “normal” conditions.

I’m not upgrading the vram until it comes the time I can’t use it, I have all my settings maxed out on ultra except some texture settings set on high and I’m getting no issue with my “laptop specs” infact I’m getting a pretty decent 26+ fps in JFK which I’m certain alot can’t do on ultra, in jfk med-high mix settings I get 40+ fps, with those in mind il doubt my specs are causing issues even if they appear “outdated” for modern games even tho I’m runing as of now one of the best graphics looking game just fine and running one of the most modern and intensive game engines, my only issue may be with direct x 12, in that case I will say yes my vram do suffer, but as in what a lot still use dx11 it’s welll enough to proof me for 2-5 years ahead when I may considered also getting a higher spec laptop bec I ain’t settling anywhere yet as of now to get a pc.

it’s not me insisting to find issues, that line is very visible without zooming in or out, don’t call that realstic, and again su5 to blame, looking at lower specked laptops review and Landings in Cairo before su5 there was both no hardware limitations issue nor where there this lod 💩  going on, if I’m the one to blame for the vram I please you to go find any higher specs landing no more than 5montjs ago without having my issue, I already showed you a landing in OEJN with an rtx 3090 and a lot of vram if that’s your main concern.

As to the saying, I only use my laptop for sims and gamedev, using dx11 and the most modern game engine I have no issue for atleast as long as this game engine will live for 

running asseto corsa I have no issues runing it on ultra 50fps 

Beamng on ultra 60+ fps

fs2020 on ultra except texture related settings on high I run a good 26+ in heavy airports 

xplane11 maxed out 48+ fps 

I see no reason to find my vram is the issue when I’m already maxing out the sims and finding no limitations added, add to this lod doesn’t affect for me the closer loading it affects the further loading, as by your video you sent I’m getting maxed out and the same visuals your getting with way lower specs, your SAME visuals, except it’s better for you as your in su10beta which is said to may have helped this issue 

adding to this this is a bug not an issue, as it’s been recently logged by Microsoft and is under investigation