Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Tool to stop aircraft disappearing too soon

I will often plane spot using AIG traffic/PSXT/RealTraffic Launcher.  Really superb tools used together but the aircraft disappear too soon in MSFS.  I found a tool called RangeMagic that mitigates the issue of aircraft disappearing too soon.

From their Discord - 'MSFS does not include the camera zoom in the optimization algorithm and removes objects from view too early if your camera is at high zoom levels. To work around this we can add a giant invisible cube to the model to trick the sim into thinking the model is larger than it is, with Range Magic, the view distance of the aircraft jumps from 1,000 meters to over 15,000 meters.'

I wonder if PSXT could in some way implement this 'giant invisible cube' with each model displayed so aircraft stay visible longer?

YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbV0egighs

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I wonder if PSXT could in some way implement this 'giant invisible cube' with each model displayed so aircraft stay visible longer?

No it cannot, I'm afraid. PSXT runs outside MSFS and connects to it via the SimConnect interface. There are no commands in that interface to mess around with models...

However, why don't you use the drone in MSFS to spot planes? 

1 hour ago, kiek said:

No it cannot, I'm afraid. PSXT runs outside MSFS and connects to it via the SimConnect interface. There are no commands in that interface to mess around with models...

However, why don't you use the drone in MSFS to spot planes? 

I do use the drone to spot planes.  Often the plane will disappear shortly after departure, just leaving the lights visible. Aircraft on approach are just lights until close when the plane itself appears.  

it is a shame each model in MSFS has to be configured separately by this tool.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home