Sign in to follow this  
bpollock

Multiplayer voice - squawk box?

Is squawk box still used in fsx multiplayer for voice talking or have we moved on to another program

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe squawkbox is used only on networks like vatsim. And as of now they have not released an FSX version.The FSX built in multiplayer has its own voice capability for peer to peer or through gamespyBill

thanks bill,so how do you know what frequency to dial in (what everyone else is using)

If you mean on vatsim the squawkbox window with ATC will show the frequencyIf peer to peer/gamespy I am not sure as I have not tried it yet but I guess someone will let you know when you connect :-)Bill

When you connect to FSX MP, there are a few ways to know what freq to tune into. 1) The host will post in the comments, 2) The host will be using UNICOM which will broadcast on all freqs regardless of what you have tuned, or 3) The host will use real live freqs that you can lookup on any aviation chart website. Option 3 is the best as alot of the really good MP sessions will have multi-atc stations manned.