Sign in to follow this  
atav757

Toggle between 2 values with one Button / Key

Is it possible to have one key do a toggle without scripting? I'm working with the Captain Sim 757, and I want Shift+T to toggle the taxi light, one push does value 1 next push does value 0, etc.

The taxi light switch is a local variable called "L:O12_006_SW2".

I've already made a working script for this, but is there a more obvious way just using the already available settings? I just didn't want to have to repeat this numerous times.

Edited by atav757

With an LVar the scripts are the only way.

The usual pattern for a 0/1 toggle would be this:
1 (L:O12_006_SW2, Number) - (>L:O12_006_SW2, Number)

and the usual strategy to make more similar scripts in one go would be to keep the editor open, replace the variable name, give the script a new name in the box at the top and pressing "Save as new". This keeps the editor open, and you can just continue replacing the variable name... etc.

LVars are variables, not events, and they can have any numerical value, not just 0/1. And they often do, because most of the time they are used to control the animations in the 3D model. So implementing a hard coded toggle would not work.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI