Sign in to follow this  
broganj

Cursors not scaling / moving when desktop gauge is resized

Hi,

Have noticed something that I think may be a bug but could also be user error.

When an instrument is scaled either in the desktop instruments form (or by adjusting the corners of the form) the cursor for an area does not adjust / resize along with the rest of the form.  The area continues to work and the click events are all still activated in the correct place but the cursor moves / disappears depending on how much the instrument is reduced in size

So for instance, if the area defined below is defining an area on an instrument 500 x 200 in size and over an image of a button you would expect the area and associated cursor to be active in the top left of the instrument. Reduce the size of the instrument by 50% and the click event still happens over the rescaled button but the cursor will have moved relative to the button and still appears to be around 100 pixels in from the left not he 50 you would expect. hope this makes sense.

<!-- C/O button interaction areas -->
    <Area>
        <Area>
            <Cursor Type="UpArrow" />
            <Position X="100" Y="50"/>
            <Size X="50" Y="50"/>
            <Click Event="38301 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)" Repeat="No" />
        </Area>
    </Area>

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need more information

OK, I will take a look.

In this special case though, be mindful that there always is an upwards pointing cursor in the top left corner of a gauge. That is the control for resizing the gauge with the mouse wheel.

LORBY-SI

Hi,

It makes no difference if the up arrow is used to rescale or by hovering over the size dimensions in the display virtual instruments window. The effect is the same.

Over the past couple of days I have managed to make a fully working PMDG MCP panel (with the exception of getting negative values for the vertical speed which I can't find a variable for) and I am so impressed with the software.

Out of interest, if I wanted to post my desktop gauge code and images for others to use where would be the best place to do so?

This is so weird. I am 100% certain that this was working before release, because I tested it myself. But it obviously isn't.

Sorry about that, the cursors will be fixed in version 2.60.

As is customary - if you need this fix right now, send an email with your proof of purchase to the support address on the last page of the manual.

As for publishing the gauges - I suppose flightsim.to is the ideal place. Or here in the Avsim library.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, broganj said:

with the exception of getting negative values for the vertical speed which I can't find a variable for

Did you find the PMDG variables that AAO provides? But granted, people have to activate the PMDG API for that to work.
I would have thought that they fixed that LVar by now?

LORBY-SI

I am using the PMDG variable for a number of the items on the gauge but the vertical speed one does not appear to work for negative numbers

This one?

(PMDG:MCP_VertSpeed)

But as I said - those only work when people activate the PMDG API in the *_Options.ini file of the plane.
Is that MSFS or P3D we are talking about?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yes i have enabled them and they all work fine except the VS one which does not show negative numbers. I am guessing this is a PMDG thing

MSFS

Edited by broganj
add

2 minutes ago, broganj said:

Yes i have enabled them and they all work fine except the VS one which does not show negative numbers. I am guessing this is a PMDG thing

MSFS

It works perfectly fine for me. I just ran a test. (PMDG:MCP_VertSpeed) shows a value of -1000 which is what I dialled into the MCP.

LORBY-SI

Ok, Ill give that a try. I just realised i am using a non-PMDG one for that window (L:ngx_VSwindow) which is probably why. I will try again later. Thanks again for all your help