Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Vos

Dornier Do-27 X is out!

Allcott,I'm not sure about the textures but it is flyable on my 3 year old machine. Seattle is the first place I go to see what happens withframerates and on RWY 34 the lowest I've seen is 14 FPS but most everywhere else it is at least in the 20's. I didn't own it beforeand am quite happy with it.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Aspire 500W P/SWinXP Pro 32bit SP2Track IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshFS Genesis Land ClassActive SkyRC4

Hi Alcott, I just bought it and it's a great plane. No - it does not feature the FSX bumbmapping nor does it come with the textures in dds or mipmapped. However I gave it a good testrun (while flying over our, yet still in development, GE X ;) ) and it does appear to have some advanced coding specifically written for FSX and although the 3d model does not feature bumpmapping, spectecular lighting or even mipped - (which is IMHO kinda manditory in FSX to relieve the stress on the videocard, but hey, just my opinion) I am very much enjoying the aircraft and do not regret at all paying the 12 euro's for the upgrade. I do hope that the next release from Digital Aviation will feature all the FSX eyecandy so they can call it a true FSX version.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Agree with the above, no bumpmapping evident, nor specular lighting, but since I did not buy the original for FS9, I am completely blown away with this product.This is the level of realism that should be in all GA aircraft and hopefully folks like Carenado, Eaglesoft and Dreamfleet will follow through with in time.For those in the know, one of the B1 variants has a GPS mounted on the panel in front of the left seat. Could someone please tell me if this is useable and if so, how to activate it. The Aerosoft Product Support Forums are down at the moment.For the person who questioned the price based on it being "just an old, old GA aircraft", I have not experienced so much excitement and entertainment from a FS add-on in a very long time. It's just brilliant.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest fruitfly

>Thanks for answering, I found that if you point the installer>to FS9 it will go into FSX. Only thing missing is the small>.bmp file that shows the aircraft display in the 'select>aircraft' section.You can easily make it yourself with this small tool that can be found here in the library:autothumbnail2.ziphttp://www.americanpatrol.com/_icons/BS_No.gif