Sign in to follow this  
atav757

AAO Randomly Stops Working in P3D

I'm getting issues pretty often where certain controls randomly won't work. Generally it's the throttles and many of the buttons and keys, and I'll have to disconnect and reconnect AAO several times to get it to work. Once their working, they'll contue working until the next restart, but I've no clue what's going on! 

Today, I was using my joystick trigger to release parking brakes, and it somehow triggered a keyboard command I have for wing lights. See attached video. In the video I'm pressing the joystick button 0 and it's also having the Shift+W command initiated as well. The other commands are working.

https://youtu.be/QfhToZVEN2g

Just now, atav757 said:

Today, I was using my joystick trigger to release parking brakes, and it somehow triggered a keyboard command I have for wing lights. See attached video. In the video I'm pressing the joystick button 0 and it's also having the Shift+W command initiated as well. The other commands are working.

Sorry, no idea.

Is the same joystick button assigned somewhere else - for example in the sim itself?

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, atav757 said:

but I've no clue what's going on! 

Me neither, sorry. There are sporadic reports (=from two other people until now), but nobody could provide any insight. It doesn't happen to me or any of the testers. Maybe a script or something that causes errors under the hood?
If AAO loses the SimConnect connection, it will try to reconnect automatically. In this state the main LED on the AAO window will turn yellow or even red.

Make sure to use "Hardware->Device Blacklist" to put everyting on the blacklist that isn't a controller that you want to use in AAO. That includes all keyboard and mouse devices! AAO talks to them through other means, they must be blacklisted. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

No I double checked, Captain Sim doesn't do any custom key assignments. P3D has zero assignments from my joystick, FSUIPC has had all commands deleted as well. 

15 minutes ago, atav757 said:

No I double checked, Captain Sim doesn't do any custom key assignments. P3D has zero assignments from my joystick, FSUIPC has had all commands deleted as well. 

Very strange. 
Is it always the same keyboard input, can you tell? = does it happen in other configs too? And does it always happen or was that just in this session?
What if you create a new configuration (for an aicraft that you never fly anyway) with just that joystick button and that keyboard assignment?
(...or maybe just delete the keyboard assignment and create a new one)

Just a side node: since you have enabled "sim key", AAO is potentially receiving this key press from the simulator. Maybe that gives you a clue about the cause? Is that a default combo for something, that could be used by other addons?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI