Sign in to follow this  
knucklebutt

loads 10% and error message

just tried to open. , it got about 10% and I got an error "Unable to initialize Database".  just installed windows 11. and it opened before. as I have re set all my config.  Today I entered the two waypoints for an IFR flight plan and it didn't work so I re started. and then got the error.

I have photos. but they won't paste here, If needed I can email

Denis

images are in the reply below !!

Edited by knucklebutt

So !!!  just read on the Pilot2atc web site that this is a Windows 11 issue, is there a fix ?  going to be a fix?  or do I have to revert back to Windows 10 ??

Denis

If you update from Win10 to Win11, there seems to be an issue with the old hardware not supporting the security features or the disk formats of Windows 11.  This prevents the Microsoft SQLLocalDB from running.

P2A installs and runs fine on PCs that came with Windows 11 and some updated systems seem to have the correct hardware that allow it to work.

Reverting back to Windows 10 has fixed the problem for most users.  

Dave

errr well I actually didn't upgrade to Windows 11 I built a new system, so going back to 11 won't be an option,

one item of notice, when I first installed p2atc. it opened right up and I was able to re enter all my config stuff.  A week later (the other day). when I went to build a flight plan and entered the 2 waypoints after entering nothing happened so I exited out and re started, that's when the "database error started, and it will only load 10%

Denis

You can try reinstalling the base version 2.6.3.1 to be sure you have the data installed and not corrupted.

The pictures you posted are not accessible, but if you email a screenshot of the error message to me at admin@p2atc.com then I can help you figure out how to get back up.

Dave