Sign in to follow this  
husker_dingo

Wrong Frequency PADQ tower / KENAI Radio

Hi Dave,

On PADQ I am requested to contact tower on 119.80. Under STBY the frequency is recognized as PADQ Tower, but as soon as I activate the freq. it is recognized as KENAI radio or ACE Radio and I cannot contact tower for takeoff. Is there a frequency conflict and any way to fix it? Thanks

BR

I had a similar thing happen today as well, on approach to KSAN I was told to contact SOCAL approach on 124.35. In the STBY frequency this shows as KSAN App_Dep, but once active it displayed KSEE Dep. I tried selecting the correct frequency from the FREQ list for KSAN but every time it switched over to KSEE. When I asked for the approach it told me to climb to 11,000 feet. I tried other frequencies listed as KSAN as well, like 119.6, and they also switched to KSEE frequencies when activated. This was on Beta 8K. Thanks

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

There was a problem in an earlier version, but if you update to the latest Beta version, this should be resolved.  I just tested at PADQ and tower shows up correctly in both STBY and Active windows.  Also tried on the ground at KSAN and 124.35 came up as APP_DEP in both STBY and Active.  

It is possible that there is overlap that causes what seems to be a wrong frequency while airborne because the program looks for the nearest Controller for the set frequency to set the controller.  

Dave

I tried flying into KSAN again last night and had the same issue as before. I'm using the most recent Beta 8P2. I was handed off to SOCAL approach on 119.6, but then instead of getting the approach controller I was given a departure controller for a different nearby airport and instructed to climb to 15,000 feet (prior to being handed to approach I had cleared to descend via the COMIX2 STAR to 6,000 feet). Since I was talking to departure, I no longer received vectors to the final approach, even though the program displayed the planned approach correctly using the APPR button (I was supposed to be vectored from the COMIX2 STAR to the RNAV Y 27 approach at KSAN). I also noticed that there was no option to request an approach from the controller in the Say It list of options, which I presume is because it was acting as a departure controller. There definitely seems to be some overlap of frequencies here while airborne and it seems to get confused as to which controller is supposed to be responding.

Thank you!

Brian

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

I've also had several instances of overlapping or incorrect frequencies during the past couple of weeks, together with all the related issues it causes. But I've just updated my Navigraph AIRAC cycle to 2211 today and reflown some of those routes without encountering any problems. This obviously makes me wonder whether it could have been a Navigraph issue rather than a problem with Pilot2ATC.  

Good thought, however, all the software (MSFS, Fenix A320, and Pilot2ATC) were already updated to AIRAC 2211 when this happened. 

Brian