Sign in to follow this  

FSX Dornier Do-27 Textures

Guest robpol

Hi All, Just got the flight1 version of this for FSX. Been waiting a long time for this one to come out as I had such a blast with it in FS9. To me it represents the pinnacle of flight sime GA development.My question is with regard to high resolution textures. Where do we get them? For the FS9 version you simply pop over to Digital Aviation's site and download them. But I don't see an option for FSX.I have posted on both the Digitial Aviation's and Flight1's forums but have had no reply to this. I'm wondering whether the stock FS9 hi-res textures would work?RegardsRobP

They are downloadable here:http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/viewtopic.php?t=3709Frankly it's ridiculous that it takes half a dozen clicks to find them. I got there last night, then have had to arse about again today to spot them for you. Really, you would think that with a first class product like this, they might have done something obvious, like putting "high res texture downloads here" on a significant front page.Ho hum. Still gotta love the plane.

Paul Skol

Guest robpol

Thanks for the replies. Downloading the textures as I type. Maybe they are making the locating of the textures as idiosyncratic as the aircraft itself! Adds a bit of character! :-)RobP

and there are no instructions i.e. a readme (for a dummy like me) as to HOW to install them! x(x(x(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just copy each new texture folder into each aircraft folder, then in your config tool (shift-8), select the high textures for each plane.

Mucho Grazie, SE.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Just copy each new texture folder into each aircraft folder,>then in your config tool (shift-8), select the high textures>for each plane. You probably mean the Config tool that can be found in the startmenu! You cannot select textures from withing FSX.

>You probably mean the Config tool that can be found in the>startmenu! True. lol