Sign in to follow this  
APU_INOP

AI Aircraft Lights

I seem to have an issue with the AI Aircraft lights: The vast majority have the beacon on and some even with their wing+runway+taxi lights on (but never strobe). Most airline SOPs generally dictate that the beacon be on just prior to push. However, I see many with their beacons on without any signs of pushing back. 

All the models I have installed are installed from a prior AIG installation so I doubt that this issue is due to the aircraft model. To further test that this was not an issue with the aircraft model, I was able to find instances where a 737 MAX was cold and dark while 90% of the other 737 MAX aircraft had their lights on + beacons. 

Personally it's a huge immersion breaker as we only turn on beacons just prior to push or on tow and is generally supposed to be a hazard indicator to ground crews or other flight crews.

Is there any way that this can be fixed? The correct way would just be to have nav+logo if anything.

5 hours ago, APU_INOP said:

All the models I have installed are installed from a prior AIG installation so I doubt that this issue is due to the aircraft model.

Well the problem is caused by a combination of the aircraft model and MSFS. 

PSXT exists already for 7 years now. In FSX and P3D the lights are as they should be. The funny thing is that PSXT for P3D has exactly the same code as PSXT for MSFS for controlling the lights, so I cannot do much about it.

The aircraft models in MSFS simply do not respond correctly to the SimConnect commands issued by PSXT. 

MSFS is a bit strange environment for AI aircraft. (As you can also see with the problems FSLTL has with the AI engine, especially after SU11) . You can also see some aircraft models that do not take-off as they should. They rotate in one go instead of smooth. Some even jump back to the runway and pitch up again. This is the aircraft model or MSFS AI engine that causes this. It should not happen because PSXT has given a SimConnect command that, PSXT is be the only program that is allowed to control the position of the aircraft, but it does not always work. Maybe Asobo fixes these bugs in SimConnect or their AI engine in the future.

Edited by kiek

I did some more investigation into the matter and it doesnt have much to do with the aircraft model itself, rather the [ELECTRICAL] portion of the aircraft "systems.cfg". Replacing it with below seems to do the trick:

[ELECTRICAL]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 30.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0

Seems the modern format with a bunch of definitions for different busses and circuits may be confusing simmconnect. Hope this info may help.