Sign in to follow this  
simbuild

PSXT with PSX.NET atc_model missing

Hi All,

I installed PSXT, Version 32.9.0, , with P3dV4 version 4.5, and RealTraffic 9.1.206, all running on Windows 10.

However, the problem I am having now is this error:

71: etc_model= in [General] section of your aircraft.cfg is empty or missing.

The aircraft file is using External which is used by PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router 2.5.0. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dee

16 minutes ago, simbuild said:

71: etc_model= in [General] section of your aircraft.cfg is empty or missing.

Hi Dee,

Welcome.

See the Manual about error message 71

(FSX/P3D only) atc_model= in [General] section of your aircraft.cfg is empty or missing
Add that line to the aircraft.cfg file of your user selected user aircraft. For instance, for the Quality Wings 787 it should read atc_model=B788 or atc_model=B789. The type should be a valid ICAO aircraft type.

What do you mean with "is using External" ?  What is your user aircraft? Are you running PSX?

EDIT: I have uploaded a version 32.9.1 that will not stop at error 71, but assume it is a B744. But I'm not sure this will work. For PSX you do not need PSXT, just RealTraffic.

Edited by kiek

Thanks Kiek for your reply.

I read the manual, and found this error, and updated the aircraft file, but didn't fix it.

The problem is that the category is External, it is used by PSX.NET, using PSX_747 based on the opensky / posky model.

Should I try the latest version instead ?

Regards,

Dee

Edited by simbuild

1 hour ago, simbuild said:

Should I try the latest version instead ?

Yes.

Hi Kiek,

It didn't work, same error, stopped and keeps restarting..

Version 32.9.1

71: atc_model= in [General] section of your aircraft.cfg is empty or missing.

I changed my aircraft.cfg several times, but it is still giving me the error.

Here is my aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 747-400 British Airways
sim=Project Opensky Boeing 747 Series
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=BAW
checklists=
ExternalSimID ={3E6B47E7-C706-4A10-BC88-6E7C199ED5A6}

atc_airline=Speed Bird 
atc_flight_number=228
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_code=BAW

ui_manufacturer=Project Opensky
ui_type=747-400
ui_variation=British Airways
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=POSKY
visual_damage=157

atc_heavy=1
atc_id=VH-OJB

description=Project Opensky \nBoeing 747-400\nVersion 2006.9.6-FSX\n\nEngine Type RR RB-211-524HT\n\n747-400 Commercial Version \n\nModel Designer\n   Chang Yeon, Vincent Cho  \n\nFlight Dynamics Designers\n   Warren C. Daniel\n   Brandon D. Henry\n\n   Test Pilots\n   Project Opensky Members\n\nMaximun Range: 7305 nm\n\nFor proper operation: See B747 manual at: \n  www.projectopensky.com

[General]
performance=Passengers\n3-class conf: 524 \n2-class conf: 416 \n1-class conf: N\/A\n\nCargo\nTotal lower hold volume:\n   5,497 ft3 (155.6 m3)  \n\nDimensions\nSpan 211 ft 5 in (213 ft -- fueled)\nLength 231 ft 10 in\nHeight 63 ft 5 in\n\nEngines: RR RB-211-524HT\nTO Thrust: 59,350 lb x 4\n\nMax Fuel Cap.: 57,065 US Gal.\nMaxTOW: 877,000 lbs\nMLW: 630,000 lbs\nMax Payload: 148,716 lbs\nOEW: 394,660 lbs\n\nMax Range: 7305 mi   \nTypical Cruise Speed \n   @ FL350: M.85

atc_type=BOEING AIRCRAFT
atc_model=B744
editable=0
Category=ExternalSim

Regards,

D

Sorry, did not upload it correctly. Try 32.9.1 again please and see what happens.

However, I don't think it will work because you are actually flying PSX. The OpenSky B744 is just a dummy controlled by that External Sim app (just as PSXT controls the objects representing real live aircraft). You are using MSFS as a scenery generator only.

PSXT needs the exact position of the user aircraft in MSFS every second, I don't think SimConnect will give PSXT the position of  the PSX.

For PSX you must select Aerowinx PSX as Simulator in use in the RT GUI, and you must forget PSXT.  Then you will get some (max 7 I believe) of the closest real live aircraft in your PSX app, but not in MSFS.

Well, but give it a final try, you never know.

Edited by kiek