Sign in to follow this  
shikamaru88

Vox Script specific values dialed in MCP

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build flows following Ryanair SOP with PMDG at least to detail I'm able to find information. I came across one problem that I can't find solution and also I searched forum and I didn't see what I'm looking for. I would like to build command for "bug up". I know I can just say "set speed to 220" but also I wanted to combine it with flaps on schedule. Wen I want to fly SID by hand in gusty condition losing focus on what plane is doing even for couple seconds is problematic. So scenario I want to build is to say "bug up" on accelerate altitude and get FO to dial 220 on speed and start raise flaps after some delay. Problem I have I can't find a way to set with vox script step of setting specific value to MCP is anything like this possible ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shikamaru88 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build flows following Ryanair SOP with PMDG at least to detail I'm able to find information. I came across one problem that I can't find solution and also I searched forum and I didn't see what I'm looking for. I would like to build command for "bug up". I know I can just say "set speed to 220" but also I wanted to combine it with flaps on schedule. Wen I want to fly SID by hand in gusty condition losing focus on what plane is doing even for couple seconds is problematic. So scenario I want to build is to say "bug up" on accelerate altitude and get FO to dial 220 on speed and start raise flaps after some delay. Problem I have I can't find a way to set with vox script step of setting specific value to MCP is anything like this possible ? 

Hi Shikamaru88

The "bug up" is a built-in command and FO knows how to compoute it too.

Since built-in commands always take precedence over custom ones, you can't have a custom flow that is triggered with "bug up". It will be ignored in favour of the built-in one which will just set the bug.

The only commands we allow users to override are "gear up" and "Gear down" and this requires a specific option to be set in "mce.ini".

Use a trigger semntence that is different by at least one charavcter like "ok bug up", "I need the bug up" (or whatever you want to say). You can then have that flow contain...

flaps X

bug up

...whatever else you want him to perform

OR

bug up

flaps X

Not sure if you've seen this thread. I strongly recommend you read it. It's not just related to checklist. Custom flows are explained in detail.

Great thanks a lot for some reason I missed that one. Is loads explained there. I was using MCE since 2019 mostly with CRJ but still learning something new:)

• Like 1