Sign in to follow this  
Ident

RL flying Beaver/Grob as pilot earning new ratings

As a 26 year flight simmer who has built some nice simpits, (Even had Scott A2A fly in one of sims at Flt Sim Con) one of my biggest bucket list item was to fly in a de Havilland Beaver and looked to doing that in Alaska. This all came from my old Bush Flying Unlimited, Misty/Tongass Fjord days. Well I finally was able to do this but instead of as a passenger, I earned my complex rating and will be going back in Jan to earn my Seaplane rating (weather postponed my checkride and Ryan Seaplane Aviation is Flagler FL KFIN and I live in Nantucket, MA and my trip was at an end on that visit.

Additionally while I was in Vero, I did two Grob sailplane flights of which on the second flight the instructor let me do both the takeoff and landing to which he said he was very impressed and stated my landing as being excellent. I use Aerofly FS2 as both my glider and helo sim with a nice simpit setup for the controls. Back in Feb I did my 1st R22 lesson and landing the helo to a hover but the instructor hover taxied the bird. Lastly I was hooked up with a friend who owns his plane but still working on his PPL and so I helped as PIC fly his son cross country building up my XC hours towards my IFR requirements. So I earned the 50hours XC PIC I needed and now am just eating away at my IFR lessons. Im now at around 115 hours

Photos can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/bOnuoKJ

Video of my Sailplane and Beaver Take off and landings 

Some of my more recent flying

Sailplane full flight and Beaver flying

• Like 1