Sign in to follow this  
wowbagr

AAO losing full connection on aircraft switch

Hi, I have a strange issue. AAO works fine when I first load the game and fly. However when I go back to the main menu and reload a second flight, any scripts stop working (for example, using A:COCKPIT CAMERA ZOOM, Percent to reset my zoom). The axes and key presses work without problem, it's only the scripts which stop working. The main AAO window indicates that it is connected to the sim - the green light is lit, and this corroborated by the menu. 

The way I can fix the problem is simply to disconnect and reconnect to the sim. Then everything works as expected until the end of that flight. I have to do this disconnect-reconnect for each subsequent flight. Another symptom is that when in the main menu, the AAO window used to be cleared of the previous aircraft and its assignments. Now, after quitting to the main menu, the AAO window does clear the assignments, but the previous aircraft title remains listed above the assignments panes. 

This only started happening a week or two ago, so it seems I unwittingly changed something or a new problem has introduced this behaviour. If anyone has some suggestions, they would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

3 hours ago, wowbagr said:

Hi, I have a strange issue. AAO works fine when I first load the game and fly. However when I go back to the main menu and reload a second flight, any scripts stop working (for example, using A:COCKPIT CAMERA ZOOM, Percent to reset my zoom). The axes and key presses work without problem, it's only the scripts which stop working. The main AAO window indicates that it is connected to the sim - the green light is lit, and this corroborated by the menu. 

The way I can fix the problem is simply to disconnect and reconnect to the sim. Then everything works as expected until the end of that flight. I have to do this disconnect-reconnect for each subsequent flight. Another symptom is that when in the main menu, the AAO window used to be cleared of the previous aircraft and its assignments. Now, after quitting to the main menu, the AAO window does clear the assignments, but the previous aircraft title remains listed above the assignments panes. 

This only started happening a week or two ago, so it seems I unwittingly changed something or a new problem has introduced this behaviour. If anyone has some suggestions, they would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sounds strange, can't say that I've heard that before. Any idea what changed with the sim or your computer? Are you in the MSFS beta? This might seem unrelated, but did you by any chance change anything about the camera system?

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the reply.

Well, in fact I use a simple script to reset the zoom to 50%. (Why this control isn't included in the base game is beyond me).

50·(>A:COCKPIT·CAMERA·ZOOM,·Percent)

This is seems to be the root of the issue. I just did a test (all addon's off)  with a new profile that was empty except for this script. The issue persists.

The only thing about my game that has changed in the last few weeks is SU11. I'm not on the beta. I haven't changed anything in the game camera settings:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Thanks for your help.

36 minutes ago, wowbagr said:

This is seems to be the root of the issue. I just did a test (all addon's off)  with a new profile that was empty except for this script. The issue persists.

And without the script it behaves normally? And your initial camera is the cockpit camera? How do you disconnect and reconnect if you have to? (just checking)

Sorry that I have to ask a lot of questions, but MSFS is currently not working for me at all, and I have trouble retracing issues...

LORBY-SI

Yes, the initial camera is cockpit camera. When I disconnect-reconnect I usually use the green connection light, but I have also used the menu.

Without the script everything seems normal. One thing I need to verify is whether it is only this script that gets broken, or others as well - because I have had both situations occur, ie. other scripts seem to work after flight change, and cases where other scripts have stopped working similar to the zoom-reset. I will have to set up a test profile to give you more definitive answers on that.

Sorry to hear about your msfs install. Hope it gets up and running without too much work. No rush on this issue, especially if it isn't an easy answer to something dumb I have done. Good luck.

Cheers

Is that an autoscript or did you assign it to a button? Does it just have to be there or do you have to actuate it?

MSFS just hates me. I had trouble on the computer before this one too. I can do short tests of AAO features if I invest a bit of time (MSFS takes at least 5 attempts to get it running once). 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Just a button. I don't have any global auto-scripts. I don't think I have any aircraft specific auto-scripts either.

Well, this took a while. I can confirm the behavior, but it was very tricky to find out why it is happening. It looks like MSFS is suddenly allergic to (the same) A: var data structures being assigned again before clearing them first. I can't tell if it has always been that way or if it is a new issue though.

Can you please send me an email with your proof of purchase to the support address (last page of the AAO manual)? I would like to know if my fix in version 2.71 works for you too.

LORBY-SI