Sign in to follow this  
c912039

MSFS Glider support

Hi,

Would it be possible to update PSXT and supporting data files, so that the new default Asobo Gliders are automatically detected as compatible Glider models that PSXT can use?

I'm guessing that Asobo's atc_type value for their default gliders isnt matching what PSXT might be looking for?

For the DG100, Asobo have used

atc_model="DG 1001 e Neo"

icao_model="DG1001eNeo"

icao_type_designator=DGF

and for the LS8  they have

atc_model="LS8_18"

icao_model="MXS-R"

icao_type_designator = "MXS"

Regards

David

Edited by c912039

2 hours ago, c912039 said:

icao_type_designator=DGF

That's not a valid ICAO type, change it into DG1T otherwise it will never match with a real live glider of that type.

I've added DG1T and MXS do my dbase.xml file. and uploaded an updated 33.1.1

Download that version  33.1.1 and scan for Liveries by pushing the button, see if it appear in \livereis\AI_Liveries.xml   ... If not, check the error messages in \errors

Edited by kiek

8 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's not a valid ICAO type, change it into DG1T otherwise it will never match with a real live glider of that type.

Hi,

The ICAO type might not be valid, BUT, it is the code that Asobo are using in their DG100 aircraft as part of their base package.

As this is found in the official MSFS install directory (under OneStore), and will get updated/overwritten by Asobo for any new MSFS releases, I really dont think anyone should be editing/changing any of Asobo's default aircraft config files!

Is it possible that you might be able to code some sort of workaround to cater to default Asobo aircraft that might not meet exact ICAO codes? I'm sure this wont be the last time that Asobo release default aircraft with incorrect ICAO codes and fixing/changing official MSFS files is probably not a good idea.

Regards

David

Edited by c912039

Asobo's default - user flyable- aircraft should not be used by PSXT in the first place... They are to cpu and gpu intensive compared to real AI aircraft.

Asobo has to do a better job, they must use the correct ICAO type codes. Post in Asobo's forum asking them to fix it, 20 seconds work.

EDIT: However, I will add 

<fix wrong="DGF" correct="DG1T" />

to the data\fixes.xml file

Edited by kiek