Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

Ortho4XP and XP12

Hi,

FYI:

I tried XP12 wihout ortho then reinstalled my ortho files from XP-11. Most of the files were corrupted because of the Global Scenery updates. So, I redid my tiles with the XP12 Global Scenery and the results were great - a huge improvement in the visuals. Oscar Pilote should get a World Cup medal for his work.

I was mostly interested (at present) in the New Jersey corridor connecting NJ, NY, PHL, BAL and DC. The tiles did use up some disk space, but, in my opinion, was worth it. You might like to try it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Oscar's been making commits to orth4xp every so often over the past few months. Now that the SDK is more solidified, it won't be too long before we can have 3D water+seasons+ortho!

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...