Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Have You Ever Wanted To Be A Payware Developer?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually, Ron, you are responsible for the form in which you frame your questions. The readership can decide for themselves whether or not your posts were snide and derogatory.Regarding why anybody would want to join fsOC given my "ramblings" as you put it, you will have to ask our existing membership, whose attention was gotten by similar ramblings from three weeks ago. Click on the Associates button on our website front page, decide whom you would like to communicate with, tell me their names, and I'll furnish you with their email addresses so they can answer your question themselves.In fact, as I write this, I have decided that after I get permission from the team members I will post their email addresses on that same page. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNow ... I'll try this again ... fsOC has little to offer to established freeware/payware developers. It has everything to offer to junior developers who would like to play in the major leagues without waiting for the FS community elite to grant them "name" status. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThank you for welcoming me into the Old World. However, Ron, I'm really an inhabitant of the New World who is simply visiting here in an effort to recruit afraid-of-nothing colonists. If I could do that recruiting in the New World, trust me, I would.I do hope this helps you in your quest to have your curiosity satisfied.Mike McCarthyWant to be a payware developer? Click the "How To Join" button on the fsOC website, http://www.fsopencomponents.com.

Mike wrote: "Now ... I'll try this again ... fsOC has little to offer to established freeware/payware developers. It has everything to offer to junior developers who would like to play in the major leagues without waiting for the FS community elite to grant them "name" status."------------------------Which still doesn't answer the question: What does fsOC offer the "junior developers" that is not already available to them? ------------------------Ha Ha, You may live in your "new world" but it may help you to realize that you will be doing business in the "old world" where folks aren't quite as naive as you may think:-)

Ok Mike,After reading your response to a user below and quoting in part below, we now have a clearer understanding of your "fsOC brave new world concept"In the "old world" there is a direct fiduciary relationship between Developer and Publisher. In your "new world" that direct relationship would be effected by a "middleman" who stands between the Developer and Publisher with his "fsOC License" with the expectation of receiving a "tax" on royalties paid from the Publisher to the Developer in the neighborhood of 10-20% of the Developers earnings just for covering fsOC "business operations".No wonder you've stated there is no incentive for established developers to be involved with fsOC.:-)If this is an incorrect understanding then please clarify for us and others:-)Quote:Mike wrote: "What fsOC is doing for them among other things is acting as a so-called copyright collecting society.""Our collected royalties will be paid by publishers not to fsOC directly but instead to an escrow agent, someone respected by the developer community. We don't yet know who that person will be but he will hold the royalty account and will make distributions from that account per my quarterly instructions regarding how much to pay to the various individual developers.""The only funds that will pass through fsOC's hands are an fsOC "tax" on royalties to fund fsOC business operations."