Sign in to follow this  
PeterBremer

XP12: How to get GNS530/430W integrated(!) in C172

Hello all,

Just recently started setting up a simulator in lieu of the real thing (older private pilot) and getting familiar with many interesting items. I recently purchased both the Garmin 530 and 430 RealityXP software and trying to get it to become the default GPS in the panel for the C172 SP in X plane 12. I also have the Flightsimbuilder GNS 530 "real" GPS to enable use of tactile buttons and knobs. So...

Step one: how do you set up the RealityXP  ".ini" file(s) to make their GPS show up as the default GPS for X Plane 12's C172 SP? After that, how would I integrate that back to the Flightsimbuilder GPS? I think I may have to re-run their setup file and all that, but first things first: getting the default GPS to be the RealityXP version. Supposedly, their latest software is supposed to work with X Plane 12 but right now I have both of the GPS's floating on the screen rather than show up on the 3D panel.

Forgive me if I missed the answer in this thread, but I'm still familiarizing myself with the ".ini" information and their user's manual.

Thanks in advance!

hthampton62

I’m having the same problem with X-Plane 11.  I had a fully functioning Realsimgear GNS430 and am trying to add a Realsimgear GNS530.  It’s been a nightmare.  I purchased a second GNS530 license from RealityXP but I think their installation software is quirky.  The RealityXP 430 graphics no longer display properly on the Realsimgear GNS 430 unit and when I “enable” the RealXP Plugin… the buttons on both the Realsimgear GNS530 and Realsimgear 430 stop working.  When I disable RealXP … the buttons work but with only the basic Realsimgear GNS530 and Realsimgear 430 graphics.  Plus, if you can believe it, the RealityXP 430 images attempt to overlay on the Realsimgear GNS530 unit … and they’re NOT as detailed.  

It’s very frustrating because there is no phone number I can reach the RealityXP people with.