Sign in to follow this  
nbl1936

Error 50 P3d V5

I just got PSXT set up and installed, with Real Traffic.  But, I continue to get various issues.  For example, when loading DFW at 1430 CST (a known busy time there) I have zero traffic on PSXT and Real Traffic.

* Error 50 when running Liveries.  It shows my AIG files in the ...data/regcodes folder but nothing shows up in the liveries folder itself
* Even with P3D up and running, PSXT shows SIM in red on the top

I know I am missing something, but not sure of what it is or how to fix it.  I have read the manual, but trying to figure out how to give an alternate location for the liveries folder (and even which folder to use) is beyond my tech skills.  

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Dave Robinette

NBL1936

Hi,

Switch off auto scan for liveries and set an lfolder0 parameter with a full path to your AIG liveries folder.

See the Manual 5.1.1

Then start again and push the Liveries button if necessary. 

Connecting to P3D takes place after it has found your liveries, so don't worry.

Nico

4 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi,

Switch off auto scan for liveries and set an lfolder0 parameter with a full path to your AIG liveries folder.

See the Manual 5.1.1

Then start again and push the Liveries button if necessary. 

Connecting to P3D takes place after it has found your liveries, so don't worry.

Nico

So, I wound up re-downloading and installing AIG Traffic.  Found the OCI file where the liveries are kept.  Pointed the Parameters to that file and things work.

The funny thing is that it seems to only work if the "Automatic" box is left un-checked and I do it manually.  If I do it with the Automatic, it comes back as Error 50.  

As I am still installing the AIG files, I have not started up P3D with all of this yet.  That will be tomorrow.

Thanks for your assist.  I will see what happens when I get everything updated and installed.

Dave Robinette

NBL1936

Edited by nbl1936
Corrected info with new data

17 hours ago, nbl1936 said:

The funny thing is that it seems to only work if the "Automatic" box is left un-checked and I do it manually.  If I do it with the Automatic, it comes back as Error 50.  

That's not funny at all, but  normal if you  have not used the add-on.xml method for installing liveries and airports in P3D.... Then it will not find your liveries in automatic mode.

Automatic mode is only to get started easily, if possible, but I always recommend to take control yourself, define lfolder and afolder parameters, and use non-automatic scans.

Edited by kiek