Hi Alex,

Is it possible that for VFR flight plan, you will supply the route with the Name for the User way points rather then the coordinates when exporting to IVAO/VATSIM.

When flying online, you can't put something like "DCT YNN DCT 3943N02137E DCT 3957N02137E DCT". The YNN is fine (it's a VOR), but the rest is info that is not really acceptable by the online controllers (and for a reason :-)) .

In this example, the preferred way is "DCT YNN DCT KALABANKA DCT KARPERO DCT". 

I would say, if it's a user waypoint and it has a name - use it. If not - the coordinate. Maybe flag that with an option "Use waypoints names for VFR flight plans".

Thanks,

Doron.

Edited by Dbarnea

2.png

5 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Is it possible that for VFR flight plan, you will supply the route with the Name for the User way points rather then the coordinates when exporting to IVAO/VATSIM.

I can add this as an option for IVAO/VATSIM export but all other tools won't be able to deal with this if the names are not in the navdatabases. Using this in general would break a lot of add-ons which have no idea about the names.

Alex

If someone tries to import that to their Garmins, for sure. but that's like cheating a VFR isn't it ? :-). If that's VFR, why put coordinates in your Garmin/FMC 🙂

Anyway, if you find a way to enable that by configuration, then I guess whoever wants to import it will not tick it and whoever wants to fly real VFR online, can tick it on. I can say that I fly tons of VFRs online, using coordinates will always get rejected by the controller. 

on a different topic :-), just because it happened 2 minutes ago, if  you try to add a userpoint that has an existing Ident , LittleNavPoint crashes :-).

Doron.

2.png

7 minutes ago, Dbarnea said:

on a different topic :-), just because it happened 2 minutes ago, if  you try to add a userpoint that has an existing Ident , LittleNavPoint crashes :-).

Igitt! I hate crashes. Can you put the log aside and send it to me (https://albar965.github.io/contact.html)?
Just tried here and cannot reproduce this. Maybe the log file contains a message.

I took note of the userpoint names/coordinates export. Have to see when I can add this.

Alex

6 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Duplicate User waypoint crash #985 🙂

Thank you very much! This helps a lot. Looks like an old bug which reappeared.

Here is a copy of my answer in case others run into this problem:

This is an error that corrupted the undo data in a past version when using bulk edit and has nothing to do with the ident. An internal id is conflicting. I thought I clear the undo data on update but either you missed the update or something is still wrong.

To avoid this issue:

• Export all userpoints as CSV.
  • Quit LNM
  • Rename the file C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_userdata.sqlite to something else to have a backup.
  • Start LNM and import the CSV to get your data back.

Adding new points should work now.

I have to check how I can fix this.

Alex