Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muehlebach

X-15 for FSX / FS2004

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yee - haw. Not a purchase for me though. Tileproxy couldn't keep up with this... ever ;)EDIT: A virtual cockpit would be really really nice. Everything else seems to be modeled to quite a good level of detail.

Would be a nice purchase, but three packages a ~$37 they are crazy :)So no purchase from me.

All one hundred ninety-nine flights of the X-15 were launched from a B-52 flying at ~FL450 at ~500kias.Runway takeoffs would have been impossible, and with at most a 120 second fuel supply wouldn't have been able to taxi, much less take off! ;)Nevertheless, the video from FSX was worth watching... :-beerchug

Wow $35 and no VC? Thats as bad as Alphasim! lol I bet a 30% reduction in cost would double the number of buyers, which would certainly make more business sense. I don't think I need that anyway, as my IRIS F-15 will do Mach 4.65 easily, provided the 1.1 patch is installed. It even flies into space! hahaha

It seems a little disappointing not to get a virtual cockpit.Panels are great for systems simulation, but it is a detailed virtual cockpit which gives you that "seat of the pants" feeling.Is the absence of the drop-plane (B-52) due to limitations of FSX itself? Without it, a simulation of the X-15 seems incomplete.Maybe this can be addressed in a future release.Until then,Daniel