Sign in to follow this  
betampona

x-plane 12 weather data not generated on my remote PC

I have been unable to update x-plane 11 data in littlenavmap on my remote pc for a while now because "load scenery library" is greyed out and therefore inactive. I compensated for the problem by importing the data from the simulation pc in appdata/ roaming/ Abarthel to the remote pc. For the weather I used ASXP.
Now I have just switched to x-plane 12 for the real weather I need the weather information and the only solution is to use the weather data from x-plane 12 to littlanavmap on the remote pc.
As for the position and data of the plane no problem, I even have the wind arrow.
Here is the error message when I launch the application.
Directory "G:/X-plane 12/ Output/real weather" does not exist 
Greetings.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dominique un Français 

Citation

Do you use a remote setup where X-Plane is not installed on the computer?
If you do so see here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/NETWORK.html

LNM detects XP by the files C:\Users\alex\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt and C:\Users\alex\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_12.txt . Loading is disabled if these are not present or do not contain a valid path. The files are created by the X-Plane installer.

In some cases you have to create the path .../X-plane 12/ Output/real weather manually.

Alex

Yes, I am with a remote computer.
I have the 2 lines in roaming of the simulation computer.
I have to write in which place G:/output/real weather

Dominique un Français 

Citation

You can change the XP weather folder in options on page "Weather Files". This should help to let LNM read the weather files from the flying computer.
And no need to share the scenery library. Just copy the LNM databases over to the remote. This much easier.

Alex

Merci, maintenant la météo X-plane 12 est présente dans Littlenavmap.
J'ai un 2ème problème quand je clique sur show procédures d'un aéroport ça me donne les SID, STAR, Approaches mais pas d'ILS ni de RNAV, pourtant ils sont présents dans show information de l'aéroport, testés à plusieurs endroits.

Dominique un Français 

Citation

2 hours ago, betampona said:

Thanks, now the X-plane 12 weather is present in Littlenavmap.
I have a 2nd problem when I click on show procedures of an airport it gives me SID, STAR, Approaches but no ILS or RNAV, yet they are present in show information of the airport, tested in several places.

ILS and RNAV approaches are only shown if an airport has them. I can happen that an airport has ILS but no approaches.

Do you have an example and what AIRAC cycle do you use?

Alex

I have solved my problems, updated the airacs.
Another question can we enlarge the characters on the information page, currently I detach this window on the side of the map to get the updated weather info but as I have a homecockpit the screen is a bit far from my seat. I looked in tools in the display management but I couldn't find anything.
Greetings.

Dominique un Français 

Citation

5 hours ago, betampona said:

I have solved my problems, updated the airacs.
Another question can we enlarge the characters on the information page, currently I detach this window on the side of the map to get the updated weather info but as I have a homecockpit the screen is a bit far from my seat. I looked in tools in the display management but I couldn't find anything.
Greetings.

There are several ways to change text size. You can change the font size for the whole application on options page "Display and Text". Then you can change the text size for information displays on the same options page. You probably want to increase "Text size for information dock window". This affects all airport navaid and other tabs in this window.

You can also click into the information text tab and use Ctrl+Mousewheel to change the text size temporarily. This is not saved.

Alex