Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_M

cockpit cam pan won't stop centering itself, grrrr...

I recently swapped my CH Eclipse yoke to a new-to-me Honeycomb Alpha and I just can't get the hat switch to pan in the cockpit without it automatically centering itself when I release it.  My CH didn't do this...until I reconnected it today and it was also centering automatically.  I watched a youtube video that specifically addressed this situation to no avail.  I know I've probably made some little change but darned if I can figure out what it is.  Thanks in advance for saving my sanity.  🙂  

Check in your Options/General/Camera settings to see if you turned on Home Cockpit mode. That happened to me once...

10 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Check in your Options/General/Camera settings to see if you turned on Home Cockpit mode. That happened to me once...

Tried it, didn't work.  Thanks anyway.  

I did do some remapping as it all started when I tried to change from the quickview to the traditional view.  I did up/down and left/right and haven't been able to get the view to stop self-centering.  

1 hour ago, Jeff_M said:

I did do some remapping as it all started when I tried to change from the quickview to the traditional view.  I did up/down and left/right and haven't been able to get the view to stop self-centering.  

Did you unbind the old quickview mappings?

Try using the "Search by input" to see exactly what each hat switch is bound to. Unbind what is not required.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

OK, I went in and change all my bindings to the ones shown by Kyuss.  Very nice.  Except......when I released the hat switch the view still went back to center.  Sigh....   It has to be some single setting, I'm thinking.  So I fiddled and diddled, reduced most of the scenery view from "ultra" down to "high," cleared the cache, couldn't find or think of anything else so I figured I'd take a little flight to soothe my nerves.  I set up with the Citation and as I took a quick look out the side window.....the view stayed there!!!  Hallelujah!  Don't know quite what happened here, but I'll take it.  

Edited by Jeff_M
  • Upvote 1