Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Anybody using Arian Design 737's?

Guest Toni Rauch

This is all very typical of the misleading and confusing 'infomercial' statements by Ariane who will apparently do almost anything for a sale. Clearly, 'a leopard cannot change its spots'.Regarding e-tailers, I suspect that whatever claims they've made regarding functionality in FSX were from statements made TO them FROM Ariane, especially the comments about minor/free updates.Bottom line - be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS about buying these products for FSX, as right now they don't work in FSX and getting them to will never happen as there seem to be no free update plans.Toni.

I'd like to know that also. My understanding is that the BBJ (or any Ariane model?) i FS9 only and will not work with FSX.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Toni Rauch

DougI believe you're correct in your understanding, which is why I commented about this being the wrong forum.I suggest you read the entire thread (everyone's comments) which may clarify things .Toni.

Well, to be fair it

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Got it. Thanks Toni.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Toni Rauch

Are you saying that the -900 ER is fully FSX compatable? According to their web site, they state that the 'aircraft is FSX compatable'. They make no claim specifically regarding the panel, just 'the aircraft'.To anyone not clued up, novice, or 'trusting', their statement can easily be totally misconstrued and suggests that if you buy the package, ALL OF IT will work in FSX, which is simply not the case. This type of 'marketing' should be frowned upon. They (and e-tailers etc) should make the buyer totally aware that they're buying something that only a part of will work in FSX, and clearly state that (for example) ".....If using FSX, do NOT buy this plane if your interest lies in the cockpit or technical/management systems, because you won't get any! An upgrade to make this FULLY FSX compatable MAY be released in the future at additional cost."Then, if you buy it for 'the systems', you'll only have yourself to blame if you're disappointed.Toni.