Sign in to follow this  
ianc

Un-Install Issue

Hi Nico

Just a quick question- I have had to un-install 34.1.0 as I was getting problems with traffic at an arrival airport. Everything fine at departure airport but no traffic on ground at arrival and arriving traffic would complete the approach land and disappear. Looking at it it appears as if the AFCAD for this third party airfield was not being read but was defaulting to the stock airport. Everything was working perfectly before I updated and I've changed nothing. Following the uninstall I am still left with the C:/PSXT_MSFS folder which includes the following files/folders :  stock_airports and updated_airports folders and LearnerLog, LearnerLog0, Log, Log0, Log00 and Log000 text document files.Is this correct or should everything have gone?

I intend to reinstall and see what happens.

Ian

Everything PSXT generates during a run remains.

However, you do not have to uninstall PSXT. Just download a new version, the setup program will uninstall the previous version first automatically!

Hi Nico

Re-installed but now getting a red box at the bottom of the UI with the following message: Error recursive_directory_iterator::recursive_directory_iterator: unknown error: "". The UI then shuts down before I can enter the correct path for my community folder in the IPP section. Obviously messed something up with the uninstall/reinstall but no idea what.

Ian

Hi Nico

Think I might have resolved the issue with some manual entries in the parameters xml.

Ian

Hi Nico

Thought I had sorted the problem out but unfortunately not.

Now using 34.1.1 and still getting the strange behaviour with my third party add-on airports. Can set the departure airport in MSFS menu and aircraft will arrive and depart as usual but when I get to the arrival airport as set in my MSFS menu it is deserted -no aircraft at the gates and aircraft on approach disappear either just before touchdown or shortly after landing-it's as though the ai traffic is not recognising the arrival airport. Everything was working perfectly before the latest series of updates and to the best of my knowledge I have not changed any settings in either PSXT or MSFS.  The addon_airports, stock_airports, thirdparty_airports and updated_airports files are all populated. Any ideas?

Ian

Edited by ianc
Looking at the parameters xml is this entry correct? <parameter name="DESTINATION_AIRPORT" value="" /> or should it show TRUE>

1 hour ago, ianc said:

Now using 34.1.1 and still getting the strange behaviour with my third party add-on airports. Can set the departure airport in MSFS menu

MSFS menu? You should set your destination in PSXT.

Please post your Log.txt if you have problems.

Hi Nico

I can't recall ever setting a destination in PSXT-for example if I fly from Manchester (EGCC) to Liverpool (EGGP) I'm pretty sure in the past I set EGCC as the departure airport in the MSFS World Map menu and EGGP as the arrival airport, press Fly and let MSFS load up. When loaded and on the ground at EGCC, start up PSXT and Real Traffic and the AI would load up around me. Then take off from EGCC and fly to EGGP and on arrival there would be parked traffic at EGGP and arriving traffic would complete their approach , land and park up at an appropriate gate.It's this last bit that's not happening.

Here is the log.

Spoiler

Mon Jan 30 16:56:34 2023 (utc) PSXT_MSFS version 34.1.1 for MSFS

********************************** parameters **********************************
from C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS\parameters.xml
MY_MULT_REGS=false
APPLE=false
RANDOM=true
HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT=false
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
HELICOPTERS=false
FOLLOW_ME_CAR=false
HINTS=true
GLIDERS=false
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=false
GARMIN=false
LIG_AUTOMATIC=true
LIG_PRIORITIZE=false
AFG_AUTOMATIC=true
CLIENT=false
SERVER=false
BIGGEST=true
NAV_LIGHTS_WHILE_PARKED=true
AUTO_RANGE=false
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
COLLISION_USER_GND=true
COLLISION_LIVE_PARKED_GND=true
GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE=-1
AUTO_RANGE_GND=8
AUTO_RANGE_LE10=10
AUTO_RANGE_LE15=12
AUTO_RANGE_LE20=15
AUTO_RANGE_LE30=25
AUTO_RANGE_LE40=35
AUTO_RANGE_GT40=40
MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
DELAY_IN_SECONDS=30
MATCHING_DEPTH=8
PARKED_MATCHING_DEPTH=8
LATERAL_RANGE=40
SNAPSHOT_MINUTES=20
PROGRAM_VERSION=34.1.1
lfolder1=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
afolder0=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official
afolder1=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
BLOCK_CALLSIGN=
FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER=
MSFS_INSTALL_PATH=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages
********************************************************************************

RealTraffic detected at this PC
RUNNING=true
PSXT_MSFS in normal (non networked) mode
Steam packages:C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

********************************************** liveries summary **********************************************
2399 liveries read from \liveries\AI_liveries.xml
===> 2 clashes in in-line regcode, see errors\InlineRegcodes.txt
Offline regcode files processed, results can be found in info\OfflineRegcodes.txt
93 registration codes
0 opf liveries
803 airlines, 38 pax aircraft types and 12 cargo aircraft types
266 similar type definitions
Generic liveries for 33 types
Category Light: 49 pax liveries and 8 cargo liveries
Category Small: 106 pax liveries
Category Large: 1504 pax liveries and 23 cargo liveries
Category Heavy: 564 pax liveries and 118 cargo liveries
Category High_Perf: 15 pax liveries
Category Heli: 12 pax liveries
**************************************************************************************************************

Waiting for MSFS ...
Close window button clicked, closing down ...
RUNNING=false
DESTINATION_AIRPORT=
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
Exiting: USER CLOSED SIM
User closed PSXT_MSFS

******************************* live traffic livery matching summary *******************************

Missing liveries:
  ATL C525 pax
  CLF E550 pax
  DLH CRJ9 pax
  EAG AT76 pax
  LOG AT46 pax
  LOG E145 pax
  LXG C525 pax
  PVT C25C pax
  PVT E35L pax
  PVT E55P pax
  RYR B38M pax
  SAH B738 pax
  SAH BE40 pax
****************************************************************************************************

MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
Mon Jan 30 16:56:53 2023

Ian

Edited by kiek

7 minutes ago, ianc said:

I can't recall ever setting a destination in PSXT-for example if I fly from Manchester (EGCC) to Liverpool (EGGP) I'm pretty sure in the past I set EGCC as the departure airport in the MSFS World Map menu and EGGP as the arrival airport, press Fly and let MSFS load up. When loaded and on the ground at EGCC, start up PSXT and Real Traffic and the AI would load up around me. Then take off from EGCC and fly to EGGP and on arrival there would be parked traffic at EGGP and arriving traffic would complete their approach , land and park up at an appropriate gate.It's this last bit that's not happening.

Then you have done it wrong all the time, 😉

If you enter your destination airport in the GUI, PSXT will start placing static aircraft at your destinatiin airport when you are in the air at 25 nm from your destination. Hence, during your landing you will see static parked aircraft (and live traffic of course). If you do not set your destination, static parking will start as soon as you have touched down. That's not only too late but it will also cause some stutters at this very busy state of the flight. It is a lot smoother if partking starts when you are in the air far away from the destination airport.

Edited by kiek

Oh right-didn't realise-seemed to work fine in the past.  Apart from that does the log look ok?

Ian

1 hour ago, ianc said:

Oh right-didn't realise-seemed to work fine in the past.  Apart from that does the log look ok?

Yes, no problems.

Hi Nico

Tried as you suggested but still having problems.

By a process of elimination it appears as though none of my third party addon airports eg those produced by ORBX etc are being recognised for some reason despite their ICAO codes showing in the thirdparty_airports file.

As you suggested, I inputted the ICAO code in the UI under Destination Airport but when I arrive at the destination there is still no parked aircraft and live traffic does not complete its approach or lands and disappears which in the past has usually meant that no gates could be identified for parking. 

I am just wondering whether I am misunderstanding how the program works. If working correctly should the program identify all available parking spaces etc within these airports automatically or do I need to specify each of these airports within the parameters xml? To re-iterate prior to updating everything was working perfectly although I had in that instance specified each individual airport. I attach my parameters xml and log in case it helps.

Ian

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<parameters>
    <parameter name="MY_MULT_REGS" value="false" />
    <parameter name="APPLE" value="false" />
    <parameter name="RANDOM" value="true" />
    <parameter name="HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LIGHT_AIRCRAFT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="HELICOPTERS" value="false" />
    <parameter name="FOLLOW_ME_CAR" value="false" />
    <parameter name="HINTS" value="true" />
    <parameter name="GLIDERS" value="false" />
    <parameter name="ALWAYS_ON_TOP" value="false" />
    <parameter name="GARMIN" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LIG_AUTOMATIC" value="true" />
    <parameter name="LIG_PRIORITIZE" value="false" />
    <parameter name="AFG_AUTOMATIC" value="true" />
    <parameter name="CLIENT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="SERVER" value="false" />
    <parameter name="BIGGEST" value="true" />
    <parameter name="NAV_LIGHTS_WHILE_PARKED" value="true" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LEARN_DESTINATION" value="false" />
    <parameter name="COLLISION_USER_GND" value="true" />
    <parameter name="COLLISION_LIVE_PARKED_GND" value="true" />
    <parameter name="GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE" value="-1" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_GND" value="8" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_LE10" value="10" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_LE15" value="12" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_LE20" value="15" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_LE30" value="25" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_LE40" value="35" />
    <parameter name="AUTO_RANGE_GT40" value="40" />
    <parameter name="MAIN_WINDOW_X" value="400" />
    <parameter name="MAIN_WINDOW_Y" value="20" />
    <parameter name="DELAY_IN_SECONDS" value="30" />
    <parameter name="MATCHING_DEPTH" value="8" />
    <parameter name="PARKED_MATCHING_DEPTH" value="8" />
    <parameter name="LATERAL_RANGE" value="40" />
    <parameter name="SNAPSHOT_MINUTES" value="20" />
    <parameter name="PROGRAM_VERSION" value="34.1.1" />
    <parameter name="BLOCK_CALLSIGN" value="" />
    <parameter name="FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER" value="" />
    <parameter name="MSFS_INSTALL_PATH" value="C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages" />
    <parameter name="RUNNING" value="false" />
    <parameter name="DESTINATION_AIRPORT" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder1" value="C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official" />
    <parameter name="afolder1" value="C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community" />
</parameters>

Tue Jan 31 14:50:44 2023 (utc) PSXT_MSFS version 34.1.1 for MSFS

********************************** parameters **********************************
MY_MULT_REGS=false
APPLE=false
RANDOM=true
HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT=false
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
HELICOPTERS=false
FOLLOW_ME_CAR=false
HINTS=true
GLIDERS=false
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=false
GARMIN=false
LIG_AUTOMATIC=true
LIG_PRIORITIZE=false
AFG_AUTOMATIC=true
CLIENT=false
SERVER=false
BIGGEST=true
AUTO_RANGE=false
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
COLLISION_USER_GND=true
AUTO_RANGE_GND=8
AUTO_RANGE_LE10=10
AUTO_RANGE_LE15=12
AUTO_RANGE_LE20=15
AUTO_RANGE_LE30=25
AUTO_RANGE_LE40=35
AUTO_RANGE_GT40=40
MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
DELAY_IN_SECONDS=30
MATCHING_DEPTH=8
PARKED_MATCHING_DEPTH=8
LATERAL_RANGE=40
SNAPSHOT_MINUTES=20
PROGRAM_VERSION=34.1.1
lfolder1=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
afolder0=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official
afolder1=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
BLOCK_CALLSIGN=
FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER=
MSFS_INSTALL_PATH=C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages
********************************************************************************

RUNNING=true
Steam packages:C:\Users\icroo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

********************************************** liveries summary **********************************************
Close window button clicked, closing down ...
RUNNING=false
DESTINATION_AIRPORT=
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
Exiting: USER CLOSED SIM
Offline regcode files processed, results can be found in info\OfflineRegcodes.txt
93 registration codes
0 opf liveries
**************************************************************************************************************

User closed PSXT_MSFS

******************************* live traffic livery matching summary *******************************

Missing liveries:
  BAW B788 pax
  BOO H25B pax
  DAL B764 pax
  LOG E145 pax
  RYR B38M pax
****************************************************************************************************

MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
Tue Jan 31 14:50:45 2023

Edited by kiek

23 minutes ago, ianc said:

By a process of elimination it appears as though none of my third party addon airports eg those produced by ORBX etc are being recognised for some reason despite their ICAO codes showing in the thirdparty_airports file.

If they appear in the thirdparty airports folder, they are recognised. What makes yiou think they are not? Look in these file to see if they contain parking spots, jst to be sure.

As you suggested, I inputted the ICAO code in the UI under Destination Airport but when I arrive at the destination there is still no parked aircraft and live traffic does not complete its approach or lands and disappears which in the past has usually meant that no gates could be identified for parking. 

Post a Log.txt of such a session, and I can tell you why.... And please use the Spoiler function to hide such a large block of text.

If working correctly should the program identify all available parking spaces etc within these airports automatically 

Yes, they are listed in the airport file, see first remark.

To re-iterate prior to updating everything was working perfectly although I had in that instance specified each individual airport. 

That is not needed. PSXT_MSFS will find then in Community and Official automatically. There is no need to a scan because you already have the airport files, see first remark

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico

Yes all of the expected third party add ons appear in file and yes they have parking spaces in them. As i am seeing no parked traffic or arriving traffic could think of no other reason that this was happening.

Log file attached

Spoiler

Tue Jan 31 14:29:58 2023 (utc) PSXT_MSFS version 34.1.1 for MSFS

Tue Jan 31 14:29:58 2023 (utc) PSXT_MSFS version 34.1.1 for MSFS

MY_MULT_REGS=false
APPLE=false
RANDOM=true
HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT=false
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
HELICOPTERS=false
FOLLOW_ME_CAR=false
HINTS=true
GLIDERS=false
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=false
GARMIN=false
LIG_AUTOMATIC=true
LIG_PRIORITIZE=false
AFG_AUTOMATIC=true
CLIENT=false
SERVER=false
BIGGEST=true
AUTO_RANGE=false
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
COLLISION_USER_GND=true
AUTO_RANGE_GND=8
AUTO_RANGE_LE10=10
AUTO_RANGE_LE15=12
AUTO_RANGE_LE20=15
AUTO_RANGE_LE30=25
AUTO_RANGE_LE40=35
AUTO_RANGE_GT40=40
MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
DELAY_IN_SECONDS=30
MATCHING_DEPTH=8
PARKED_MATCHING_DEPTH=8
LATERAL_RANGE=40
SNAPSHOT_MINUTES=20
PROGRAM_VERSION=34.1.1
BLOCK_CALLSIGN=
FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER=

RUNNING=true
data\dbase.xml read
data\fixes.xml read

93 registration codes
0 opf liveries

data\airports_msfs.xml read
Waiting for MSFS ...
MSFS (11.0.282174.999) connected
Waiting for RealTraffic to connect to PSXT_MSFS ...
    SimConnect: User aircraft title: Just Flight PA28 Turbo Arrow III G-BMIV
    SimConnect: User aircraft model: RROW, half wing span: 7.3 meter, category: Light
RealTraffic connected
    QNH Reader connected
    Traffic Reader connected
User aircraft on the ground at EGGP (LPL)
The parking airport is EGGP (LPL)
Parking percentage 30% set from airport file
14:30:51 Airport file read from thirdparty_airports\EGGP.xml for Liverpool, PSXT_MSFS ()
    publisher: unknown 3rd-Party
    altitude: 90 ft
    num_parkpos: 32
    parking_percentage: 30%
    no <afcad> section
    auto_adjust = false
    initial_load_only = false
    real only = false

14:30:51 It is day 2, Tuesday, hour 15 (utc)
0 positions with day & actual_hour & real=true
0 parking positions to be filled (0% vs wanted 30%), 0 reserve positions

No static aircraft to be parked, there are no parking options, let it learn the airport first
QNH=1023.0
LOG49G   G-SAJS    GLA->SOU LOG E145 =8= FSLTL_DH8C_ANZ
EZY91CG  G-EZUO    KEF->LTN EZY A320 =3= FSLTL A320 EZY SL
RYR9PX   EI-HEW    DUB->BJV RYR B38M =4= FSLTL_FAIB_B737_Ryanair
BAW895   G-TTNS    KEF->LHR BAW A20N =3= FSLTL A20N BAW British Airways
RYR93DZ  EI-EFF    AMS->DUB RYR B738 =3= FSLTL_B738_RYR
AAL135   N724AN    LHR->LAX AAL B77W =3= FSLTL_TFS_B77W_American
BAW8     G-ZBKO    HND->LHR BAW B789 =3= FSLTL_B789_RR_BAW
RYR4097  EI-ENP    RIX->MAN RYR B738 =3= FSLTL_B738_RYR
RYR5881  EI-IFW    MAN->TFS RYR B38M =4= FSLTL_B738_RYR
RUK7AC   G-RUKD    MAN->ALC RUK B738 =3= FSLTL_FAIB_B738_RUK-Ryanair UK
EAI46BC  EI-GPO    BHD->BHX EAI AT76 =3= FSLTL_OSP_AT76_eai-aer lingus regional
SHT9K    G-EUPZ    EDI->LHR BAW A319 =3= FSLTL_FAIB_A319_BAW-British Airways_BEA
VLG8WQ   EC-NAF    MAN->BCN VLG A20N =3= FSLTL A20N VLG Vueling
BAW225Y  G-ZBJB    LHR->MSY BAW B788 =4= FSLTL_B789_RR_BAW
RYR92QE  EI-HGW    OTP->DUB RYR B38M =4= FSLTL_FAIB_B737_Ryanair
EXS030E  G-JZBN    BRS->LBA EXS B738 =3= FSLTL_FAIB_B738_EXS-Jet2_holidays
TOM485   G-TUKM    RAK->MAN TOM B738 =3= FSLTL_B738_TUI UK
EZY63YX  G-EZUS    SOF->MAN EZY A320 =3= FSLTL A320 EZY SL
LOG4EW   G-SAJO    EDI->SOU LOG E145 =8= FSLTL_DH8D_OAL-Olympic
14:40:43 Live: 8, parked live: 0, parked static: 0
EZY47KX  G-EZOK    BFS->LGW EZY A320 =3= FSLTL A320 EZY SL
DAL265   N829MH    CDG->JFK DAL B764 =4= FSLTL_FAIB_B763_Delta
GHASS    G-HASS    DOL->    BOO H25B =8= FSLTL_DH8C_PDT-Piedmont-STUB
SHT2V    G-NEOW    LHR->MAN BAW A21N =3= FSLTL A21N BAW British Airways
RYR37NL  EI-EKR             RYR B738 =3= FSLTL_B738_RYR
SHT8A    G-EUUR    LHR->EDI BAW A320 =3= FSLTL A320 IAE BAW British Airways
AAL21    N731AN    LHR->DFW AAL B77W =3= FSLTL_TFS_B77W_American
WZZ5349  9H-WAQ    KEF->FCO WZZ A21N =3= FSLTL_FAIB_A21N_WZZ-WIZZ
EXS050B  G-JZHA    QKL->QKL EXS B738 =3= FSLTL_FAIB_b738_EXS-Jet2_lowfares
RYR3RR   EI-DWW    NOC->LTN RYR B738 =3= FSLTL_B738_RYR
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
SIMCON EXCEP 3
14:50:22 Flight not running
14:50:25 Flight resumed
14:50:26 Flight not running
14:50:33 Flight resumed
RUNNING=false
DESTINATION_AIRPORT=
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
Exiting: RESTART
Prepare for a restart ...
QNH Reader has stopped
Traffic Reader has stopped
14:50:33 updated_airports\EGGP.xml saved and sorted
Restarting after 10 seconds

If there are no entries yet in the EGGP.xml, you will not get parked aircraft, that's simple. Let it Learn first. Run PSXT_Learner at Liverpool. Or let PSXT_MSFS learn.while you are there.

BTW: Did not  you have populated airport files before (your unfortunate uninstall) in updated_airports? What happened to updated_airports\EGGP.xml?

Edited by kiek